Art Journal Challenges

  • Deanna Valencia
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2008
      I've been a member for about a year, but haven't really been involved.
      I've been having a case of the blues lately and picked up my art
      journals and have been working in them everyday. I just saw these
      challanges and decided I would do them also. Emily has a great site. I
      will post them as I get them done!
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
        Deanna,
        Sorry to hear you've been down, but glad to hear you chose it as a time to get back into your art journaling!  :)
        Can't wait to see some of your work!
        Light of heart,
        ~*~Walks~*~

        To hear the sound of the wolf is to experience a singularly moving sensual experience of wilderness. Sound of unreachable quality, seeming weird and inhuman. But not unearthly. For it is of the essence of the creature wolf: of his spirit, his being, his truth. A transcendental song that took form uncounted millennia before time was defined. Something elemental. A living call from the past. A revelation of the very Universe.
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself.

        Maya Angelou

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
          I learned a good lesson yesterday. I did Challange #2 first and that I
          really enjoyed. I'll take a pic and post as soon as I can. But then,
          when I was working on Challange #1 I was totally stressing. That topic
          is a little harder for me and as I was putting my page to gether I kept
          wondering if it was good enough. That's never crossed my mind before,
          because they're for me and the thing I love the most is that there are
          NO RULES!! So I thought maybe I was going to hold off posting until I
          am more secure. But we'll see! I was able to readjust my thinking and
          remember I am creating these for my own benefit, because I love the
          process!
          ~Annajoy