Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Back with my scanner...

  • Deina
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
      I wasn't sure if I could use watercolors, I saw acrylics had been mentioned. All my paints are watercolors. I picked up 5 acrylic apple barrel paints from Michael at lunch & a sunflower rubbing transfer thing (my favorite flower) ... I started getting an idea of how to begin my journal :) I'm just at work and not at home! AHH!!! But, everything I got at Michael's was on sale! I didn't realize it until I looked at the reciept out in the car! Hurrah!!

      Deina

      ---- Kendra Buelow <millcase2@...> wrote:

      =============
      Blank pages are always daunting... so I always paint four or five pages with a quick watercolor wash to get me going.  Don't worry too much about the color you put down.  Sometimes it will inspire you to get started other times you will completely cover it up with collage or other color.

      Never stare too long at a blank page!

      Kendra
    • Kendra Buelow
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
        I use watercolors all the time because that is what I have the most of.  The page does get a little bumpy but it will do that with acrylics too.  Good Luck!

        Kendra

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
            *ears perk up*  Michael's is having a sale???  Woohoo!  I know where I wish I could head after work.

            Deina,  I find myself in very similar situations, so I just do a rough sketch on a scratch piece of paper so I won't forget the idea.  *grins*

            Can't wait to see it!

            Light of heart,
            ~*~Walks~*~

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008