Re:I'm a Newbie! Just a small intro!

  • Dawn Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
      Welcome Larissa! I wanted to suggest in your search for journaling time that you consider journaling *with* your three year old. I love journaling with my granddaughter and my nieces. It's one of the things that we do when they come over. They love markers, paints, and stamping especially, but crayons are fun too. I'm finally starting to convince my 4 year old granddaughter to leave the pages in her journal - at least the one at Grandma's house. My nieces both have a journal here too, but they call them a scrapbook.

      As far as the perennial pen question, I have used ballpoints successfully, but I prefer gel pens. They are my go-to pen and I've never had the darker colors on light paint fail to write or show up. They do smear sometimes, but I've used that tendency to make smeary letters on purpose. Also, metallic gel pens do well on dark paint colors. The rose art metallic markers work great. I'm just not as fond of markers as I am pens.

      As far as permanency, aren't some of the gels touted for that quality? I'm especially thinking of the ones that won't wash out when used on checks.