Re: [CompositionArtJournals] I'm new and here's my intro!

  • Katharine Grate
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2007
      Welcome Liz,

      You are going to love it here.

      Sometimes I go to Dawn's pages just to browse and lower my blood
      pressure numbers. So wonderous, beautiful and relaxing.

      Katharine

      My TagWorld site is at:
      http://www.tagworld.com/katharinegrate/
    • Dawn Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2007
        Thank you so much for this post Katharine. You made my evening! I
        just wanted to mention that as much of a slacker as I've been lately
        in journaling, I've been even worse in posting to my blog. I've done
        better with getting things up on my flickr account. That's the better
        place lately to look for new pages.

        Dawn
        http://on-the-banks-of-bay-creek.blogspot.com/ - updated 5-25-07
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/68499916@N00/

        --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Katharine Grate
        <KatharineTheGrate@...> wrote:

        > Welcome Liz,
        >
        > You are going to love it here.
        >
        > Sometimes I go to Dawn's pages just to browse and lower my blood
        > pressure numbers. So wonderous, beautiful and relaxing.
        >
        > Katharine

        > My TagWorld site is at:
        > http://www.tagworld.com/katharinegrate/

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
          Thanks for the warm welcome Linda! Oooohhhhhh I spent 45 minutes
          pouring over your journal pages last night. I'm inspired! I'm
          hoping you'll share your techniques in the new FAQ!

          Liz

          --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "Ron and Linda
          Cameron" <kingston.montessori.school@...> wrote:

          > Welcome Liz! I know just how you feel - I was overjoyed when I
          found Dawn's journals too! It was like a huge room opened up to me,
          full of possibilities that I hadn't really thought of before. So
          welcome, and I look forward to following your journey into art
          journaling!

          > Linda C
          > *************
          > AKA "Lindart"
          >
          > Design Team Member for:
          > http://www.alteredpages.com
          >
          > See my Art Blog with Art Journals and other works at:
          > http://www.lindart.blogspot.com
          > updated often
          >
          > Visit my school at http://www.kingston.montessori.school.com

          Europe
          > for 12 years. I love the size ofthe pages, the strength of the
          > binding, the feel of the paper. I love the spacing of the lines
          and
          > the hard cover. I love their uncomplicateness. They don't ask to
          be
          > used for great art or deep thoughts. They are built for duty.
          >
          > But my need to produce doesn't stop with words. I also love to
          paint
          > with acrylics. Again, I don't create anything profoundly
          beautiful,
          > I just have a need to throw color around and generally make a
          happy
          > mess. I think I love the process more than anything.
          >
          > My words and my art never met but I've always had this feeling
          that I
          > would like to add a visual component to my journals but it never
          > actually occured to me to add color/collage,etc. to my comp book.
          > Funny. I just ASSUMED that I couldn't/shouldn't paint in my
          > journal. Why? I'm not sure. Probably because of the quality of
          the
          > paper and the non-artiness of the book.
          >
          > BUT THEN, God decided to give me a gift. This morning in surfing
          the
          > net (a HUGE love of mine - I'm an information junkie) I stumbled
          upon
          > Dawn's On-the-banks-of-Bay-Creek blog and thought I'd found my
          soul
          > mate. Continuing through her blog I discovered this group and a
          > WHOLE BUNCH of soul mates! And I realized that I simply had to
          give
          > myself permission to paint with my acrylics in my treasured
          > composition books LOL!
          >
          > So that's my story and I'm SO looking forward to meeting all of
          you.

          > I have a ton of questions, mostly technical about materials and
          > techniques. Is there a section of this group where I can go and
          > review past questions/answers, etc. Before I begin asking
          questions
          > that may seem overly simple to everyone?
          >
          > Liz

        • Shelly
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
            Dawn Smith wrote:
            > Thank you so much for this post Katharine. You made my evening! I
            > just wanted to mention that as much of a slacker as I've been lately
            > in journaling, I've been even worse in posting to my blog. I've done
            > better with getting things up on my flickr account. That's the better
            > place lately to look for new pages.

            I'm glad I'm not the only one who got stranded in Slackerville!
            Blogging was *hard* last month, and journaling wasn't so easy,
            either. I swear, July is going to be better.

            --
            Shelly
          • Ron and Linda Cameron