Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Collaborative Art Journal Call -- Anyone want to work in a journal?

  • Connie Saunders
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007
      I have one of your journals at home (Number 7) but
      would love to do another one.

      Connie Saunders
      4116 Sherwood Terrace
      Sioux City, Iowa 51106

      chsaqunders55@...
      chsaunders@...

      Connie Hammond Saunders
      Sioux City, Iowa
      chsaunders55@...
      chsaunders@...

      "I am a part of all that I have read." --John Kieran

      Need Mail bonding?
    • Christy Wyrtzen
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 3, 2007

        Christy
        Elbert Hubbard

        I must have missed the first email/post. What kind of art are you calling for?

         Christy

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 5, 2007
          I'll add you to the list again and send you a book when more return.  I'll send something different this time.

          Seren

          Connie Saunders <chsaunders55@...> wrote:

          I have one of your journals at home (Number 7) but
          would love to do another one.

          Connie Saunders
          4116 Sherwood Terrace
          Sioux City, Iowa 51106

          chsaqunders55@ yahoo.com
          chsaunders@aol. com

          Connie Hammond Saunders
          Sioux City, Iowa
          chsaunders55@ yahoo.com
          chsaunders@aol. com

          "I am a part of all that I have read." --John Kieran

          Need Mail bonding?

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        • serendipity
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 5, 2007
            I am hosting a collaborative art journal project.  I send out journals to artists and they work in the journals for 10 days and send them back to me.  The journal is photographed and sent out to the next person on the list once I upload the pics to my blog.  The plan is to show these books early next year (or when I have a reasonable number of full books).

            Some people write in the journals, some people create art, some people doodle...one person wrote music in the book...one person added photos and made a travel journal kinda thing about a trip they were on...some people have a crafty style -- like scrapbooking or card making.  I have no limits on the type of work you do as long as you don't mess with other peoples pages and you don't damage the book.

            If you'd like to work in a journal, send me your mailing address.  You can keep the book 15 days and I ask that you send it back to me with delivery confirmation.

            I would very much like to see your work and hope you will sign up!

            Seren

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 6, 2007
                I'd love to but to be honest with you, I'm not that reliable with swaps of that caliber. I'm better with ATCs then actual books.

                Sorry

                Christy

[...]

                Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
              • serendipity
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 19, 2007
                  Several people have asked if I would host a collaborative journal project where people would end up with a book of their own.  I have been kicking it around and I like the idea very much.  So many of you have done incredible work in “my” books, it only makes sense that you’d want a book too.  So here’s the plan:
                  Each person needs a book.  I suggest the Border’s sewn bound, hardcover Sketch Book.  The pages are blank, but thick…and the size is awesome!  That is the journal of choice for me…though I have tried many, many, many!  Put your name and address in both the front and back cover…be sure whatever you use to do that is as permanent as possible.  You should have already worked in your book…no one should get a totally blank book…it’s not as fun that way and that’s why I asked that everyone work in their book for 15 days prior to signing up.
                  When your book is ready to go, send me an email saying you’re ready.  I will email you the list of artists in your group…and the fun will begin.  You will print out your list and send your book to the first person on the list along with 15 post cards addressed to you with postage.  Every time you mail a book out send the owner of the book a post card with the delivery confirmation number and information on when you mailed it and to whom you mailed it.  Each participant will keep the book for 15 days and then send it to the next person on the list, and so on and so on.  The last person on the list sends to the first person on the list.
                  So to clarify…when you mail your book this week the package should include the following items:
                  Your journal – and it should NOT be blank.  You should have 15 days worth of work in it…and have your name and mailing address on the front and back inside cover.  Please remember to put the book in a plastic baggie…we don’t want them getting wet/damp.
                  15 Self Addressed Post Cards – When each book is mailed out, the artist is to send a post card to the owner of the book with information on when the book was mailed – date, delivery confirmation number and any other update you’d like to give.
                  The art guidelines are simple…try to keep all work flat, be careful with wet techniques/adhesives, send the book to the name directly under yours on the list, always send the book with delivery confirmation and send the update post card the same day you mail the journal to the next artist.
                  Please note, I will not track these books.  I’m merely facilitating the connection between artists.  Here’s the information I need for each participant:
                  Name
                  Street Address
                  City, State, Zip Code
                  Email Address
                  Phone Number (yes…a phone number!)
                  US and Canadian participants will be on one list…international participants will have a separate list…unless you say you want to be on an internationally diverse list and are willing to pay the additional postage to send to someone overseas.  If books are not being received, please feel free to notify me…but I can’t do much more than to try to make sure that person isn’t placed on another list.
                  My book is ready to go…so I’m now just waiting for some artists to sign up!

                  http://mail.yahoo.com