Thank you...

  • Susan Sauls
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2007
      for your comments on my pictures. I was feeling very brave yesterday
      when I posted the pictures! :=) My mother was a very talented artist--
      pen and ink, oils, and some watercolors--and while I did not inherit
      her ability to draw, I did inherit her love of color, and the enjoyment
      of detail work. I don't use lined composition books, but my favorite
      books are $3.00 scrapbooks that I buy at Dollar General. They are
      about 8" X 10", and the cover is stiff enough that I can work in my lap
      as I watch television (or sit in a hospital room or waiting room...).
      I section off the pages and do the initial designs with a black Pitt
      brush pen, then do the color work, and finally the fine details with
      Pitt or Prismacolor black fine pens. I bought the first Pitt pens when
      Mother moved in with my husband and me last fall; I was trying to get
      her back into her artwork and I thought she'd like them. I didn't
      realize that she was much sicker than we thought, and she never used
      them. She passed away in early December at the age of 89.

      Thank you again.

      Susan S.