RE: [CompositionArtJournals] New Journal Art - Sharon

  • Emily Pruitt
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2007

      Sharon,

      Just checked out your new journal.  Very cool.  I just love these vibrant colors, and The Measure of Reality statement is really perceptive.  Thanks for sharing your artwork.

      Warm wishes,

      Emily in SC/USA

    • Stephen du Toit
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 7, 2007
        A really, really simple way to get a lineless book is - bind your own!  Loads of bookbinding tutorials online and it's easier than sewing on a button.  That way you can choose the paper type, size, colour and even the number of pages - I recently did a round-robin thing where I bound up exactly the number of pages needed so that it came back full.  And you can also take a compo book apart and interleave the lined pages with plain ones (which don't have to be white ones) before sewing it all back together.  have fun!
      • Bonnie Coleman
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 7, 2007

          Can you recommend one that is easier than sewing on a button?
          Bonnie

          On 2/7/07, Stephen du Toit <stephen@...> wrote:

          A really, really simple way to get a lineless book is - bind your own!  Loads of bookbinding tutorials online and it's easier than sewing on a button.  That way you can choose the paper type, size, colour and even the number of pages - I recently did a round-robin thing where I bound up exactly the number of pages needed so that it came back full.  And you can also take a compo book apart and interleave the lined pages with plain ones (which don't have to be white ones) before sewing it all back together.  have fun!

        • arteefaque
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 6, 2009
            Dear All

            There is some new art at my blogs:

            http://falltheflowers.blogspot.com/ Art Journal Entries, Mini Collages and Stand Alone Art.

            http://intothedeepblueme.blogspot.com/ Almost Daily Journal Entires via
            Prompts.

            Kind Regards
            Arteefaque
          • mmdm2000
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 6, 2009
              Really nice journal pages, and those mini-collages are a great idea! Love that apple one. Love your Daffodil summer rain painting, too.

              Melisa