re: November spreads

  • Dawn Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
      Nice spreads Lori Grace. I especially like Thanksgiving one. I like that you don't feel like you have to cover every inch of the page. The week spread is a good idea too. I've done month calendars, but I like the idea of doing a weekly one.

      You mentioned working digitally. When I am adding photos to a spread that I plan to print out, I will often take a picture of the background and import it into Adobe PageMaker and play around with photo sizes to get the right size and crop for the page. You can play with composition the same way if you like playing on the computer and then just transfer the ideas to the paper. I tend not to do that much though because I really like the spontaneity of working with paper and paints. I usually just grab whatever happens to be around my worktable and play. Occasionally though I like to add photos and I don't like getting the size wrong.