Re: Margie re The Zahir

  • Marjorie
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Janice Brown
      <ariadnebrown@...> wrote:

      > Margie - the novel is set in Paris and central Asia ... from the
      first page:
      > "the idea of the Zhir comes from Islamic tradition and is though to
      have arisen at some point in the eighteenth century. Zahir in Arabic,
      means visible, present, incapable of going unnoticed ... someone or
      something that occupies our every thought"

      > Author is Paulo Coelho and was translated from the Portuguese.
      >
      > don't know whether I'll be doing any entries in my diary for
      awhile; but I usually keep some notes as I read so I can recall it
      later.

      > The Mermaid's Chair, I thought, was right up there with Secret Life
      >
      > bye for now
      > Janice

      Thank you, Janice; I'll put this on my "to read" list. In the
      meantime, I'll look for your critique.
      Also, I'll look into The Mermaid's Chair. Thanks for the reference.
      Margie