New book I bought

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
      I just picked up a new book the other day (new to me, at least) called
      Decorative Journals by Donna Downey:
      http://www.simplescrapbooksmag.com/shop/item.ihtml?idx=253
      Got mine at JoAnn's with a 40% off coupon ... love that!!

      The book is part of a scrapbooking series, but these journals could be
      used for art journaling, too. She's got 25 different journals to make
      (either from scratch or refabing an existing journal) and some are
      just so cool! I can't wait to make some ... I've got my first project
      picked out LOL!

      NAYY ... just thought I'd pass it along.

      Jennifer
      http://house-hill.blogspot.com/
    • Zura Beth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
        Jennifer,

        That books looks good.  Do you mind telling a little more about the journals in the book?  Like are they simple?  What kinds of materials are needed?  ARe the bindings difficult?

        Zura
        Free Collage Sheets
        http://zurabeth.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
          Zura, they all look very easy to do. Here's a list of the things she
          turns into decorative journals:
          3-ring binder
          hard-bound journals
          DVD tin
          legal pad
          cardstock/patterned papers
          board book
          envelopes
          cardboard/chipboard
          clear checkbook cover
          spiral notebook and spiral index cards
          address book
          bookmaking kit
          classification folder
          purchased round journal (that comes with a beaded chain)
          composition notebook
          file box dividers
          elastic band closure journal
          flip frame

          For binding, many of the journals already start with a bound object.
          For others that you need to bind yourself, she uses things like prong
          fasteners, twine, ribbon, leather cording and jump rings. A few she
          took to a copy center or office supply store for wire binding. And,
          of course, those things are interchangeable.

          I think the hardest thing would just be to decide which one to make
          first LOL! Definitely a good book for confident beginners and up.

          HTH!
          Jennifer

          --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Zura Beth

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
            Thanks, Jennifer!  This gives me a lot more info.  Thanks for taking the time to give such detail.  I think I"ll have to get that.  We dont' have JoAnn's here, but a friend send me an online coupon so I think I'll get the book.

            Zura
            Free Collage Sheets
            http://zurabeth.com
          • Jennifer
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
              You're welcome! If you get the book and make something, be sure to
              post pics. I wanna see LOL! I made one of the projects yesterday and
              just posted it on my blog, so check it out:
              http://house-hill.blogspot.com/
              I really like how it turned out.

              <zura.beth@...> wrote:
              > Thanks, Jennifer! This gives me a lot more info. Thanks for taking
              the time to give such detail. ....
            • Valerie
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
                Hello everyone! Zura thank you for making the collage sheets
                available to us. They are wonderful! I love the images.

                I have not been around much lately ...summer is flying by! I hoped to
                spend more time on my books. I hope to scan some of my more recent
                pages.
                thanks for all your help
                Valerie
                http://standnngraceartjournal.blogspot.com/