Welcome and what's up?

  • Dawn Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
      Hi, I'd like to welcome the new members. I've been approving members all week. We've been pretty quiet here lately. Won't some of you introduce yourselves? What have those of you who've been here a while been up to?

      My mom has been really sick and I've been there a lot. Hasn't left much time for journaling, but I have done a bit. I uploaded to my blog this morning what I've gotten done in the last couple of weeks .

      I have a couple of ideas for page recipes too when I  get time to type them up.

    • Ron and Linda Cameron
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
        Loved your pages Dawn. Left a message at Maritime Mess!

        Linda
        **************
        aka  LINDART

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
          I don't think I've posted since I first joined and asked how to do the
          pages. Got wonderful ideas but in the last couple months I've gone off in a
          different direction.

          Instead of doing it in a "neat and orderly" fashion my notebook now really
          does reflect my life. Here and there I have prepped some pages with paint or
          colored pencil. On these I glue on items such as my drawing practice on the
          back of junk mail or lists I've written. Some blank pages I just draw on.

          I found a cool book that has pictures to trace and color with markers so I
          traced a bunch before I returned the book to the library and I can color
          later.
          I also gets used for doodling or writing down numbers for the sweater I'm
          knitting or jotting down other ideas.

          Part of this is because our oldest graduated high school this year and will
          leave for Marine boot camp in a month. I wasted too much time wondering if
          I'm doing things right and saving my supplies/paper/yarn for something
          special. Leftover thoughts from my Mom who wouldn't let me wear certain
          clothes to school because I would ruin them.

          There is no way I can ruin my journal for this simple reason it is mine to
          do with as I please.

          Becky near Pine River MN
          savey@...
        • Cindi Wafstet
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
            Hi, I'm a new member...

            I'm always looking for new ways to journal and to combine my words with art work.

            I'm sorry you mom has been sick. I hope she is well very soon.

            Cindi

            On 6/3/06, Dawn Smith <d-j-smith@...> wrote:
            Hi, I'd like to welcome the new members. I've been approving members all week. We've been pretty quiet here lately. Won't some of you introduce yourselves? What have those of you who've been here a while been up to?

            My mom has been really sick and I've been there a lot. Hasn't left much time for journaling, but I have done a bit. I uploaded to my blog this morning what I've gotten done in the last couple of weeks .

            I have a couple of ideas for page recipes too when I  get time to type them up.

          • Zura Beth
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
              Hi Everyone,

              I've been here a while, but been pretty quiet.  I love to journal and to inspire others to, also.  I feel that journaling helps me sort out life as well as sort of record my life in a somewhat meaningful way.

              I hope we can get some discussions going.  I'll try to be more active than I've been.  I'm moving to another state next weekend so my life is pretty consumed right now with work and packing, but hopefully once I'm settled in my new place I can participate more.

              Welcome to the new folks.

              Zura
              Everything is in one place now!
              http://zurabeth.com
              Blog
              Spirit Sprinkles
              Squidoo on Art Journaling
              Art
              Freebies

              On 6/3/06, Dawn Smith <d-j-smith@...> wrote:
              Hi, I'd like to welcome the new members. I've been approving members all week. We've been pretty quiet here lately. Won't some of you introduce yourselves? What have those of you who've been here a while been up to?

              My mom has been really sick and I've been there a lot. Hasn't left much time for journaling, but I have done a bit. I uploaded to my blog this morning what I've gotten done in the last couple of weeks .

              I have a couple of ideas for page recipes too when I  get time to type them up.

            • Nicolette Anderson
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2006
                sorry to hear about your mom, Dawn....
                but I love those pages!  Love the colours.....

                I am looking forward to some new page recipes....need something to jazz up my journal!

                Talk to you soon,

                Nicolette

                On 3-Jun-06, at 9:11 AM, Dawn Smith wrote:

                Hi, I'd like to welcome the new members. I've been approving members all week. We've been pretty quiet here lately. Won't some of you introduce yourselves? What have those of you who've been here a while been up to?

                My mom has been really sick and I've been there a lot. Hasn't left much time for journaling, but I have done a bit. I uploaded to my blog this morning what I've gotten done in the last couple of weeks .

                I have a couple of ideas for page recipes too when I  get time to type them up.

                Composition bookBook journalSketching

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              • Karen DeCosta
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
                  Good morning group.  My name is Karen I am new to the group.   try to journalg daily and add photos.  But I am behind right now and need to try and work on catchin up.  I try to make my journals interesting.  As a matter of fact I need to go buy me a new one today.

[...]

                  Karen

                  http://www.myspace.com/chocolate_lioness
                • Matt and Gina Ressner
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
                    Great pages Dawn, they are so pretty!
                    I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she feels better soon.

                    Welcome new members, this is a great group, so many wonderful people to learn from.

                    Gina