Re: New member

  • Gina Ressner
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hi Jill!
      I thought I already replied to this one, but maybe not...
      Welcome to the group! This is a great place to jump start your
      journaling, there are so many talented people here it's hard not to
      learn something!

      Gina
      http://blackcatdesigns.blogspot.com/

      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "Jill"
      <jetjill1960@...> wrote:

      > Heard of this group from Lisa Vollrath's email today.
    • anettan_n
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 11, 2006
        Hi!
        My name is Anette. I´m 36 years old and come from Sweden. I´m quite new
        to artjournaling and hope to learn more from you. // Anette
      • Nicolette Anderson
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 13, 2006
          Welcome to our group Anette!  I think you will have a lot of fun here.

          Nicolette (in Canada)

          On 11-Sep-06, at 10:58 PM, anettan_n wrote:

          Hi!
          My name is Anette. I´m 36 years old and come from Sweden. I´m quite new
          to artjournaling and hope to learn more from you. // Anette

        • mbrockmann2001
          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 8, 2007
            I've just been accepted as a member of Composition Art Journals group.
            I've kept a journal for many years, although at times I've gone
            through dry spells. Spicing up my journal has long been a goal, but
            as I lack drawing skills this goal has been difficult to achieve. I'm
            enrolled in a journaling with collage class and it has opened up the
            possibilities of creating a more colorful journal without having to
            draw. Looking at the creations in the links has been inspirational.
          • Aimeslee
            Message 5 of 27 , May 10, 2009
              Hi, Karen. Welcome to the group. Grab a compo book, paint some pages and jump right in. :-)

              xoxo,
              Aimeslee

              Message 6 of 27 , May 10, 2009
                I used to take used tea bags and use them! Or Meltonian Shoe Cream.
                Wolfy

                Hi, Karen. Welcome to the group. Grab a compo book, paint some pages and jump right in. :-)

                xoxo,
                Aimeslee

                Hi.  My name is Karen and I'm a new member here.  I have recently been learning about painting and journaling, and have come across a lot of these art journals on Flikr.  I find this art very intriquing and want to learn how to do this and make art journals too.

              • Anita
                Message 7 of 27 , May 10, 2009
                  Hi Karen. I visited your blog and you have some very pretty drawings and other artwork. The bird is absolutely beautiful! Anita

                  > Hi. My name is Karen and I'm a new member here. I have recently been learning about painting and journaling, and have come across a lot of these art journals on Flikr. I find this art very intriquing and want to learn how to do this and make art journals too.
                  > Karen
                  > http://flickr.com/photos/28510097@N04/
                  > http://kmyartplace.blogspot.com
                • Karen

                    Message 9 of 27 , May 10, 2009
                      Thanks Anita. I'm pleased you looked at the blog. I don't get many
                      visitors there yet.

                      Karen
                      http://flickr.com/photos/28510097@N04/
                      http://kmyartplace.blogspot.com
                    • jghio01
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 10 5:28 AM
                        Hi
                        I just joined your group. I found it through Artists of the Roundtable. I am a mixed media fiber artist and this summer I have totally immersed myself in paper arts--collage and visual journals. I took an online class from Sarah Whitmore and in that class we decorated the covers of a composition book. I wanted not to write inside the book, but glue, paint etc; so that's what I did.
                        Now that I have finished that journal, my big question is when you glue pages of the journal together to make them thick enough for working on-how many pages do you glue together and what kind of glue do you use? Do you cut out any pages to make your book less bulky? When I did my book I glued about 5 pages together and tried various glues-i started at the front-not the back -which is where I think I should have started, so the pages would be smoother.
                        I loved the idea of using the composition book--inexpensive-great size-the only problem was the paper quality.
                        Looking forward to looking at all the photos and reading what you all are doing. Thanks for the info
                        Janet
                        www.janetghio.com
                      • Dawn Smith
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 10 7:17 AM
                          Janet, I don't glue pages together at all. I paint them with liquid acrylic paint. That thickens the pages, makes them tougher and keeps markers and stamp pad ink from showing through to the back. I use pieces of a sponge from the dollar store to put a thin layer of paint on the page. They lay nicely and don't wrinkle up if you paint both sides. Once you have the first coat on you can add more paint if you want, collage, watercolor, whatever.

                        • larkrise26
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 9, 2011
                            Hello:O) I have just joined the group and am very pleased to have been accepted. Thank you.
                            I am looking forward to being amongst other journal lovers and sharing new ideas. I have about 3 journals on the go. I love mixed media. . I am fascinated with hand drawings and paintings and am trying to improve my skills by including a drawing I have made myself onto my pages, where possible. I'm not great at that but I know I can only get better.Journals are so much fun.
                            Looking forward to getting to know members of the group.
                            Hugs
                            Anna

                          • cheryl higgins
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 9, 2011
                              Anna - I know how you feel.  I too would like to improve my
                              drawing skills as well as journaling skills.  I have started another
                              journal beside the one for the group and have included some of
                              my drawings and am trying to do a better job of expressing
                              myself.  Welcome
                              cheryl

                                Message 15 of 27 , May 11, 2011
                                  Welcome Anna! Do you have a blog?

                                  Linda C
                                  ****
                                  AKA Lindart
                                   http://www.lindart.blogspot.com

                                  Design Team Member for AlteredPages.com
                                • larkrise26
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 11, 2011
                                    No I don't blog and wouldn't have a clue how to start one.
                                    TU for your welcome:O)

                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 11, 2011
                                      Welcome Anna. I don't blog, tweet or any of that stuff.
                                      But this group has helped me to practice my
                                      drawing and open up more on my feelings
                                      cheryl

                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 14, 2011
                                        Glad to have ya here, Anna!
                                        I wish I only had 3 journals going!  *chuckles*  At best, I usually have double that.  But that's because I hate waiting for paint to dry.  *laughs*
                                        Light of heart,
                                        ~*~Walks~*~