Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Re: playing with stitching

  • Ron and Linda Cameron
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006
      Yes, I did it in Photoshop 7. It really was pretty easy, if you have a photo imaging software that crops, you should be able to do it. You just need to open an empty file to add the 2 images to.

      Linda
      **************
      aka  LINDART

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006

        Dear Everyone,

        I have to jump in to this and put my two cents in.  I use Photoshop 7 and love it and have been using Photoshop since it was Photoshop 4.  But, most people don’t want to put out the money or need all that Photoshop does and therefore, enter Photoshop Elements.  It comes sometimes with printers but can be purchased for under $100 and maybe under $75.  It has an actual dropdown menu specifically for this purpose.  All you do is open this screen and then open the two files and it miraculous find how they fit.  If it can’t figure it out, it then leaves you to put it together as you chose and then you can use the cropping tool to clean it all up.  Elements will do you almost everyone easily all that most people will every need.  I’d love to hear from others who have used this part of Elements themselves.

        Sally

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006

          I just checked the web and at Nextag.com they show  a place that after a $20 rebate, Elements 4.0  is only $43.39.  I have no affiliation with either Photoshop or Nextag or any commercial anything.  Do your own search for Photoshop Elements.  You can save even more money by purchasing the 3.0 which is all I have.  Their auto adjustments and redeye correction, etc. is wonderful and so very simple.

          Sally

[...]

        • Terry
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
            Hi Sally,

            Photoshop Elements came with my computer and is what I use to resize
            and "stitch" together pages. After you fit the two sides together
            in the new canvas, you can use the arrow keys at the bottom to move
            them together until they touch. Elements has many features I haven't
            had time to learn yet, but one of these days...

            Terry

            --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "Sally Fasano"
            <sfasano1@...> wrote:

            > Dear Everyone,
            >

            > I have to jump in to this and put my two cents in. I use
            Photoshop 7 and
            > love it and have been using Photoshop since it was Photoshop 4.
            But, most
            > people don't want to put out the money or need all that Photoshop
            does and
            > therefore, enter Photoshop Elements. It comes sometimes with
            printers but
            > can be purchased for under $100 and maybe under $75. It has an
            actual
            > dropdown menu specifically for this purpose. All you do is open
            this screen
            > and then open the two files and it miraculous find how they fit.
            If it
            > can't figure it out, it then leaves you to put it together as you
            chose and
            > then you can use the cropping tool to clean it all up. Elements
            will do you
            > almost everyone easily all that most people will every need. I'd
            love to
            > hear from others who have used this part of Elements themselves.
            >

            > Sally
            >

            > _____
            >
            > From: CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com

            03/03/2006

            > Composition
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Composition+book&w1=Composition+book&w2
            > =Book+journal&w3=Sketching&c=3&s=55&.sig=KxLyo-PV_VKsrNrB1ylZuA>
            book

            > Book
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Book+journal&w1=Composition+book&w2=Boo
            > k+journal&w3=Sketching&c=3&s=55&.sig=SE0C-V8j_85mffWQBe1UUQ>
            journal

            > Sketching
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Sketching&w1=Composition+book&w2=Book+j
            > ournal&w3=Sketching&c=3&s=55&.sig=WM_lKh1RsoZcGZ3Bivk_UA>
            >

            > _____
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            > * Visit your group "CompositionArtJournals
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CompositionArtJournals> " on the
            web.

            subject=Unsubscri