cover for my journal

  • maggiemae4315
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2006
      I am starting a Dream Class at our local college on Jan 23rd. I
      needed a journal to write down my dreams in so I took a Composition
      notebook and covered it with a gift bag for covers. I really turned
      out awesome. The technique I used was from Lisa Vollrath's site about
      covering a compo notebook with a gift bag. I really love the
      results. I found the coolest gift bags at our local Dollar store that
      had a dream quote on it. The bag has a matte plastic coating so when
      you use it to cover the book it really makes it nice. I also found
      purple duct tape that I used to cover the spine and cut edges of the
      bag. My digital camera went on the fritz or I would upload a photo of
      them. Maybe if I can get it fixed and figure out how to upload a
      picture in the next week to two I will do so. Here's a link to the
      article on Lisa's site. She always has the coolest ideas.

      http://www.lisavollrath.com/articles/089.html

      Maggie
    • Kathleen Marie Pequignot
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2006
        Maggie, your cover sounds great. It's a great idea. Thanks for providing
        the link to Lisa's wonderful site!

        --
        Kathleen Marie (Longwood, Florida, USA)

        Art Blog: http://somanystars.blogspot.com
        Yarn & Sewing Blog: http://kaleidoscopestudio.blogspot.com
      • Jeffgenct@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2006
          In a message dated 1/12/2006 2:09:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, maggiemae4315@... writes:
          http://www.lisavollrath.com/articles/089.html
          Maggie - thanks for this one; I had seen it before, but totally forgot about it.  Great to be reminded of some of the wonderful ideas.....especially that Lisa V., eh?

          Hugs,
          Margie

          p.s. and welcome to the group.