Re: new guy in town

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi Alan,

      Welcome to our little group. We here just love working in
      composition books. We do all kinds of things in them -- paint, draw,
      watercolor, crayons, colored pencils, collage, stencils, rubber
      stamps, foam stamps, inks, etc. etc. etc. If you've never tried it,
      paint some acrylic backgounds in a comp book and try your sketches
      on top of that. And don't forget to show us!

      Terry

      P.S. Check out the links on the homepage -- you're in for some eye
      candy and major inspiration.

      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "Alan"
      <havepencilwilldraw@g...> wrote:

      > I recently joined this group. I have only recently taken the time
      > try to do art no matter how it turns out. I am in my mid 50s so I
      > would hope I am still young enough to learn how to do and live
      art. I
      > haven't done much actual work yet but I hope it will grow as I
      play at
      > it. 30 years ago I was a draftsman for a steel fabricating company
      in
      > California.I have even gone so far as to start my own blog. It was
      > actually easier to do than I thought (I did programming in the
      early
      > 80's writing engineering and financial software when we had to
      create
      > it ourselves). I look forward to sharing and receiving your
      critiques
      > of my amateurish work.
      >
      > Alan
      >
      > http://onthe3rdstone.blogspot.com/

    • knurrxl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
        Alan,

        Welcome!! :) First off, amature shamature... it doesn't matter. Do
        it, do it lots, so what if they don't all look good. It's *your* work -
        and the more you do it the more you'll learn, grow and "get better"
        (if there is such a thing).

        Secondly, I got a chuckle out of your username!! LOL.

        Zannie

        --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "Alan"
        <havepencilwilldraw@g...> wrote:

        > I recently joined this group. I have only recently taken the time to
        > try to do art no matter how it turns out. I am in my mid 50s so I
        > would hope I am still young enough to learn how to do and live art. I
        > haven't done much actual work yet but I hope it will grow as I play at
        > it. 30 years ago I was a draftsman for a steel fabricating company in
        > California.I have even gone so far as to start my own blog. It was
        > actually easier to do than I thought (I did programming in the early
        > 80's writing engineering and financial software when we had to create
        > it ourselves). I look forward to sharing and receiving your critiques
        > of my amateurish work.
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > http://onthe3rdstone.blogspot.com/

      • Ron and Linda Cameron