intro...8-]

  • philippaschuyler
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2004
      Hi,

      This sounds really interesting. I'm a journaler from way back. I
      get those spiral-bound blank books and use them for everything --
      notes, essays, doodles, weaving ideas, books-to-read, xmas lists, on
      and on. All my drawings are utilitarian tho -- projects I'm working
      on or thinking about. I like this idea of decorating a journal just
      for the *fun* of it. 8-]

      Theme books. I like that.

      I saw my first altered book last spring in a student art show. It
      absolutely blew me away! I was jealous -- why didn't *my* journal
      look like *that*?! Then a short while later I discovered Altered
      Books as an art form and knew what I had seen.

      I feel I have so many ideas I can't get them all down! Could have
      something to do with the fact that I've bitten off more than I can
      chew in terms of swaps I've joined recently. ;->

      Not to mention my Printmaking and Watercolor classes that have my
      brain spinning. There aren't enough hours in the day!

      I'm a 52 year old empty-nester, going back to community college with
      an eye toward getting an Art degree. I've never taken art classes
      before now, and I'm having a happy second childhood. My husband is
      amazed -- he just thought he'd keep me out of his hair when he
      signed my up for classes 3 years ago. ;- j He's created a monster.

      I'm going to think about these journals for a little while, see what
      others are doing, and then jump in over my head. ;- ]

      BTW, I can't access the Files. Is it just me? I can't wait to see
      what everyone is doing!

      Ellen in CA