Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Welcome new members!

Expand Messages
  • Janice Brown
    hi to new members and old ones too but this posted page is really of interest to newbies who might be reluctant to put down the first marks, color or
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      hi to new members and old ones too
       
      but this posted page is really of interest to newbies who might be reluctant to put down the first marks, color or otherwise. I had never painted with acrylics before I came to this group a month ago ... now I love them because they're so forgiving. If I don't like it I just paint over it. Wow, what freedom to experiment
       
      check out the "Color Wheel" page in my Picture Trail album
       
      I had a background that I truly hated ... wanted to cut the pages out, but then realized I didn't want to lose the reverse side that I liked. I had been experimenting with masking and the colors were boring. Painted over the whole thing and started cutting and pasting with no plan in mind ... the background colors were more dull and boring than first time, so I started looking for something colorful to add ... Dan Smith's catalog yielded a wealth of color, the Van Gogh portrait came of an old issue of Artists' Sketchbook, the Chihuly quote has always been favorite, and the wheel was painted with Aquarelle watercolor crayons and Pentel black brush pen
       
      well, it's no masterpiece now, but I sort of like how it turned out anyway
       
      have a look if you wish and let me know what you think
       
       
      cheers
      Janice

      __________________________________________________
      Do You Yahoo!?
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Jeffgenct@aol.com
      I like it! Particularly, I enjoyed your description of how it came to be -- kind of like Phoenix rising out of the ashes?? Smiles from looking at fun art.
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
            I like it!  Particularly, I enjoyed your description of how it came to be --  kind of like Phoenix rising out of the ashes??
        Smiles from looking at fun art.
        Margie
      • Mary Hazlett
        Hi, i m Mary. i haven t yet done comp book art journaling since i ve only recently come across it. i hope to as i find it fun-looking. i m 47, daughter of
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi, i'm Mary.  i haven't yet done comp book art journaling since i've only recently come across it.  i hope to as i find it fun-looking.  i'm 47, daughter of an artist who no longer paints because of a massive stroke 11 1/2 years ago.  i have worked in a library for nearly 31 years.  i have kept a written journal for almost 40 years.

          Dawn Smith <d-j-smith@...> wrote:
          Whew! I've been ok-ing new members all day. Welcome to the list. I hope you
          will jump in and introduce yourselves. Are you currently journaling in compo
          books? in another kind of journal? or just getting started journaling? I'm
          sure we'd all love it if you shared scans if you have them too.

          Dawn
          http://on-the-banks-of-bay-creek.blogspot.com/ - updated 8-6-05



          Mary
          Become a Peacemaker. Don't participate in violence.


          Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
        • Terry
          Hi Janice, Thanks for sharing your color wheel page. It s a really good example of how you can make a great looking spread from a so called mistake .
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Janice,

            Thanks for sharing your color wheel page. It's a really good example
            of how you can make a great looking spread from a so
            called "mistake". Sometimes I'm so surprised at how some of my pages
            turn out after all the changes I make to them along the way. This is
            truly a forgiving medium.

            Terry


            In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, Janice Brown
            <ariadnebrown@y...> wrote:
            > hi to new members and old ones too
            >
            > but this posted page is really of interest to newbies who might be
            reluctant to put down the first marks, color or otherwise. I had
            never painted with acrylics before I came to this group a month
            ago ... now I love them because they're so forgiving. If I don't like
            it I just paint over it. Wow, what freedom to experiment
            >
            > check out the "Color Wheel" page in my Picture Trail album
            >
            > I had a background that I truly hated ... wanted to cut the pages
            out, but then realized I didn't want to lose the reverse side that I
            liked. I had been experimenting with masking and the colors were
            boring. Painted over the whole thing and started cutting and pasting
            with no plan in mind ... the background colors were more dull and
            boring than first time, so I started looking for something colorful
            to add ... Dan Smith's catalog yielded a wealth of color, the Van
            Gogh portrait came of an old issue of Artists' Sketchbook, the
            Chihuly quote has always been favorite, and the wheel was painted
            with Aquarelle watercolor crayons and Pentel black brush pen
            >
            > well, it's no masterpiece now, but I sort of like how it turned out
            anyway
            >
            > have a look if you wish and let me know what you think
            >
            > http://www.picturetrail.com/menahune
            >
            > cheers
            > Janice
            >
            >
            > __________________________________________________
            > Do You Yahoo!?
            > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jodie Foster
            hi Mary! welcome! Nicolette Anderson wrote:Hey Mary! You are going to love it here....we have lots of fun! Mary is in another
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              hi Mary!  welcome!

              Nicolette Anderson <nicolette.anderson@...> wrote:
              Hey Mary!
              You are going to love it here....we have lots of fun!
              Mary is in another group with me everyone...she will be a WONDERFUL
              addition to our group!

              Nicolette
              Visit my blog
              http://nickieblog.blogspot.com/


              On 7-Aug-05, at 6:58 PM, Mary Hazlett wrote:

              > Hi, i'm Mary.  i haven't yet done comp book art journaling since i've
              > only recently come across it.  i hope to as i find it fun-looking. 
              > i'm 47, daughter of an artist who no longer paints because of a
              > massive stroke 11 1/2 years ago.  i have worked in a library for
              > nearly 31 years.  i have kept a written journal for almost 40 years.
              >
              > Dawn Smith wrote:Whew! I've been ok-ing new
              > members all day. Welcome to the list. I hope you
              >> will jump in and introduce yourselves. Are you currently journaling
              >> in compo
              >> books? in another kind of journal? or just getting started
              >> journaling? I'm
              >> sure we'd all love it if you shared scans if you have them too.
              >>
              >> Dawn
              >> http://on-the-banks-of-bay-creek.blogspot.com/ - updated 8-6-05
              >>
              >
              >
              > Mary
              > Become a Peacemaker. Don't participate in violence.
              >
              > Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
              >
              > SPONSORED LINKS
              > Composition book
              > Sketching
              > Blank journals
              > Jump start
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >
              > ▪  Visit your group "CompositionArtJournals" on the web.
              >  
              > ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              >  CompositionArtJournals-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >  
              > ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              > Service.
              >
              >


               Blessed Be!
               
              Jodie Marie
            • Nicolette Anderson
              Hey Mary! You are going to love it here....we have lots of fun! Mary is in another group with me everyone...she will be a WONDERFUL addition to our group!
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                Hey Mary!
                You are going to love it here....we have lots of fun!
                Mary is in another group with me everyone...she will be a WONDERFUL
                addition to our group!

                Nicolette
                Visit my blog
                http://nickieblog.blogspot.com/


                On 7-Aug-05, at 6:58 PM, Mary Hazlett wrote:

                > Hi, i'm Mary.  i haven't yet done comp book art journaling since i've
                > only recently come across it.  i hope to as i find it fun-looking. 
                > i'm 47, daughter of an artist who no longer paints because of a
                > massive stroke 11 1/2 years ago.  i have worked in a library for
                > nearly 31 years.  i have kept a written journal for almost 40 years.
                >
                > Dawn Smith <d-j-smith@...> wrote:Whew! I've been ok-ing new
                > members all day. Welcome to the list. I hope you
                >> will jump in and introduce yourselves. Are you currently journaling
                >> in compo
                >> books? in another kind of journal? or just getting started
                >> journaling? I'm
                >> sure we'd all love it if you shared scans if you have them too.
                >>
                >> Dawn
                >> http://on-the-banks-of-bay-creek.blogspot.com/ - updated 8-6-05
                >>
                >
                >
                > Mary
                > Become a Peacemaker. Don't participate in violence.
                >
                > Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
                >
                > SPONSORED LINKS
                > Composition book
                > Sketching
                > Blank journals
                > Jump start
                >
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >
                > ▪  Visit your group "CompositionArtJournals" on the web.
                >  
                > ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                >  CompositionArtJournals-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >  
                > ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                > Service.
                >
                >
              • Ron and Linda Cameron
                Great save, Janice! I love it when you can take something you hate and turn it onto something wonderful! Linda C ************** aka LINDART Design Team
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 8, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  Great save, Janice! I love it when you can take something you hate and turn it onto something wonderful!
                  Linda  C
                  **************
                  aka  LINDART
                   
                  Design Team Member for
                  http://www.alteredpages.com
                   
                   
                  ----- Original Message -----
                  Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:22 PM
                  Subject: Re: [CompositionArtJournals] Welcome new members!

                  hi to new members and old ones too
                   
                  but this posted page is really of interest to newbies who might be reluctant to put down the first marks, color or otherwise. I had never painted with acrylics before I came to this group a month ago ... now I love them because they're so forgiving. If I don't like it I just paint over it. Wow, what freedom to experiment
                   
                  check out the "Color Wheel" page in my Picture Trail album
                   
                  I had a background that I truly hated ... wanted to cut the pages out, but then realized I didn't want to lose the reverse side that I liked. I had been experimenting with masking and the colors were boring. Painted over the whole thing and started cutting and pasting with no plan in mind ... the background colors were more dull and boring than first time, so I started looking for something colorful to add ... Dan Smith's catalog yielded a wealth of color, the Van Gogh portrait came of an old issue of Artists' Sketchbook, the Chihuly quote has always been favorite, and the wheel was painted with Aquarelle watercolor crayons and Pentel black brush pen
                   
                  well, it's no masterpiece now, but I sort of like how it turned out anyway
                   
                  have a look if you wish and let me know what you think
                   
                   
                  cheers
                  Janice

                  __________________________________________________
                  Do You Yahoo!?
                  Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
                  http://mail.yahoo.com


                  No virus found in this incoming message.
                  Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
                  Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.1/64 - Release Date: 04/08/2005
                • Mary Hazlett
                  i have the excuse of not knowing (yet) how to scan, so i have the privilege of admiring everyone else s pages without (yet) having to reveal my own! (yeah!)
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 8, 2005
                  • 0 Attachment
                    i have the excuse of not knowing (yet) how to scan, so i have the privilege of admiring everyone else's pages without (yet) having to reveal my own!  (yeah!)

                    Jodie Foster <jeauxdee@...> wrote:
                    hi Mary!  welcome!

                    Nicolette Anderson <nicolette.anderson@...> wrote:
                    Hey Mary!
                    You are going to love it here....we have lots of fun!
                    Mary is in another group with me everyone...she will be a WONDERFUL
                    addition to our group!

                    Nicolette
                    Visit my blog
                    http://nickieblog.blogspot.com/


                    On 7-Aug-05, at 6:58 PM, Mary Hazlett wrote:

                    > Hi, i'm Mary.  i haven't yet done comp book art journaling since i've
                    > only recently come across it.  i hope to as i find it fun-looking. 
                    > i'm 47, daughter of an artist who no longer paints because of a
                    > massive stroke 11 1/2 years ago.  i have worked in a library for
                    > nearly 31 years.  i have kept a written journal for almost 40 years.
                    >
                    > Dawn Smith wrote:Whew! I've been ok-ing new
                    > members all day. Welcome to the list. I hope you
                    >> will jump in and introduce yourselves. Are you currently journaling
                    >> in compo
                    >> books? in another kind of journal? or just getting started
                    >> journaling? I'm
                    >> sure we'd all love it if you shared scans if you have them too.
                    >>
                    >> Dawn
                    >> http://on-the-banks-of-bay-creek.blogspot.com/ - updated 8-6-05
                    >>
                    >
                    >
                    > Mary
                    > Become a Peacemaker. Don't participate in violence.
                    >
                    > Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
                    >
                    > SPONSORED LINKS
                    > Composition book
                    > Sketching
                    > Blank journals
                    > Jump start
                    >
                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >
                    > ▪  Visit your group "CompositionArtJournals" on the web.
                    >  
                    > ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    >  CompositionArtJournals-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    >  
                    > ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                    > Service.
                    >
                    >


                     Blessed Be!
                     
                    Jodie Marie


                    Mary
                    Become a Peacemaker. Don't participate in violence.


                    Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
                  • Kathleen Marie Pequignot
                    Janice, I enjoyed your picture trail pages. I m so glad you are enjoying the comp journaling. I really liked the page with the houses and the funky writing
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 8, 2005
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Janice,

                      I enjoyed your picture trail pages. I'm so glad you are enjoying the
                      comp journaling. I really liked the page with the houses and the funky
                      writing curving above the design. Fun!

                      --
                      Kathleen Marie (Longwood, Florida, USA)

                      Blog: http://somanystars.blogspot.com

                      Everyday Matters Sketches: http://photobucket.com/albums/v203/gallery318/Everyday%20Matters/?
                    • Kathleen Marie Pequignot
                      WOW, I ve been trying to catch up with all the new posts. Hello to all the new members. :) Thanks Dawn for the inspiration spread. I like the writing on the
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 8, 2005
                      • 0 Attachment
                        WOW, I've been trying to catch up with all the new posts. Hello to all
                        the new members. :) Thanks Dawn for the inspiration spread. I like the
                        writing on the bottom too.

                        I'm just starting the second week of school here... yes, we survived the
                        first week. LOL

                        I did manage to add two journal spreads on my blog, one of them has some
                        eraser carved images that I did a year ago.

                        Anyway, not much happening artwise. I've been gardening, reading,
                        knitting, and generally trying to stay up with all the paperwork that
                        comes with a child starting a new school year.

                        Hope you all had a great weekend.

                        And I hope I can find some time to prep some pages today! It's already
                        2:27 pm... doesn't look good... the laundry still needs attention. :(

                        --
                        Kathleen Marie (Longwood, Florida, USA)

                        Blog: http://somanystars.blogspot.com
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.