Re: [CompositionArtJournals] A challenge!

  • Jeffgenct@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2005
      Dawn - that is GREAT!  thanks for pointing us in that direction.
      Margie
    • Janice Brown
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005
        Dawn Smith <d-j-smith@...> wrote:

        This challenge is a bit different. Find a page that makes you want to try something on it. Then share it with the list and tell us what it is that appeals to you and what you want to try.
        ________________________

        Dawn, thanks for the link to writtendown and for the challenge

        The thing about the newspaper grid that appealed to me most was the concept of journaling about "then and now" ...

        so I've posted my response to the challenge in my PictureTrail album ... there's also a page that I did on the weekend after we saw the movie "Ladies in Lavender" Is there anyone out there who can answer my question about concert violinists?

        Janice

      • Janice Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005
          oops ... forgot to add the link

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Kathleen Marie Pequignot
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005
            Hi Janice,

            I found your question about the concert violinist interesting. I'm
            living with a budding one:

            http://caitlinpequignot.com

            My daughter. But since she is only 13, she is still quite pleasant and
            happy most of the time. ha ha! But I can see her responding to musical
            interpretation with much more maturity than when she began at age six.
            I imagine that concert artists of such intuitive playing find something
            equally fulfilling, disturbing, and emotionally draining when entering
            the "music zone". There's a magic to the way it touches an artist's
            soul I believe. Somehow it's different from what we feel when we
            listen... perhaps more intense, almost a bleeding from the soul.

            Not sure I helped at all. But being a sidelines kind of player/musician
            myself, I suppose I can appreciate some of the torment that goes into
            creating sounds from a higher, almost heavenly source... of course, my
            "sounds" usually make the dog moan. Thank goodness I have my daughter
            to listen to. LOL

            --
            Kathleen Marie (Longwood, Florida, USA)

            Blog: http://somanystars.blogspot.com

            Everyday Matters Sketches: http://photobucket.com/albums/v203/gallery318/Everyday%20Matters/?
          • Coleman, Bonnie M (J6C)
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005

              Kathleen Marie Pequignot

              How exquisitely you wrote about creating music.  I would like to save your words and use them in a poem, if you give me permission.  I will send it to you when I compose it.

              Bonnie Coleman

              MDM Admin

              614 692-9219

              DSN 850-9219

[...]

            • Ron and Linda Cameron
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005
                Dawn, I found a few pages I would like to try. One is at http://navylane.com/musings/
                called "80 pieces of art". I really like the layout and plan to try it. Actually I like all her stuff! I lost the link to the other one I liked, but essentially as far as I can tell, she used acrylics and gel (to extend drying time), painted over her page, then using a dry script stamp stamped in straight rows all over her page (cleaning her stamp each time, as she is removing paint when she stamps). After it was dry, she did a small quote and flower in black on the right side of the page. Most of the page was left with the script effect, but the black on top looks great. I'll try this one too.

                Linda C
                **************
                aka  LINDART

                Design Team Member for
                http://www.alteredpages.com

                This challenge is a bit different. Find a page that makes you want to try something on it. Then share it with the list and tell us what it is that appeals to you and what you want to try.
                ________________________

                Dawn, thanks for the link to writtendown and for the challenge

                The thing about the newspaper grid that appealed to me most was the concept of journaling about "then and now" ...

                so I've posted my response to the challenge in my PictureTrail album ... there's also a page that I did on the weekend after we saw the movie "Ladies in Lavender" Is there anyone out there who can answer my question about concert violinists?

                Janice

                Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
              • Michele Roy
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005

                  Linda—LOVE this link! Thanks for sharing.

                  Michele

                  http://lovekandinsky.blogspot.com/

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005
                    Sure Bonnie... I'd love to read your poetry when you finish it.

                    Music is so dear to me.

                    Hugs,
                    kath

                    --
                    Kathleen Marie (Longwood, Florida, USA)

                    Blog: http://somanystars.blogspot.com

                    Everyday Matters Sketches: http://photobucket.com/albums/v203/gallery318/Everyday%20Matters/?
                  • Eliece Edge
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005

                      Janice said:

                      oops ... forgot to add the link

                      http://www.picturetrail.com/menahune

                      Janice,

                      This page is just lovely! And your brush writing is wonderful, too…has just a hint of an Asian flare to it. Were you ever lucky enough to study with Fran Strom Sloan?

                      Hugs,

                      Eliece

                    • Janice Brown
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005

                        no, I never met Fran, but I did study brush writing with Marilyn Reaves in Oregon ... also with her Designing with Nature

                        happy you enjoyed the Hiroshima page, and thanks for compliment

                        Janice

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                      • Mary Hazlett
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 9, 2005
                          lovely, lovely, lovely!  oh, btw, dale chihuly did a sculpture for The University of Akron, which was installed a couple of weeks ago.  it is sort of a mediterranean blue, and made of polymer.  we have a large polymer industry here (as opposed to rubber!) and a polymer science building at Akron U, so this was done and installed in front of that building.

                          Janice Brown <ariadnebrown@...> wrote:
                          oops ... forgot to add the link

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                          Mary
                          Become a Peacemaker. Don't participate in violence.
                          visit my blog: http://marytattoo.blogspot.com

                          http://mail.yahoo.com