newbie

  • catherinevanderhoeff
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hello all,
      Just wanted to introduce myself,briefly!I have been busy with
      collage,atc's,felting,artquilts...and much more!!This year I would
      like to explore some questions I have about myself, like:where do I
      stand as an artist,where is my art going etc.Art journals seem like
      a good place to play and explore in a friendly way!!
      Thanks for sharing your work!
      Catherine from The Netherlands.
    • Janice
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 8, 2005
        Hi folks

        Here's my introduction ... these are my first experiments with
        Composition Book art journals, and I played with some grids after
        reading Dawn's 'recipe'

        I opened a folder named 'Janice' in the Photos section and posted
        some scans

        I've been writing and painting and sketching in journals for a long
        time now, and belong to a couple other Yahoo groups. But the
        Composition Books with acrylic paint backgrounds are new to me ...
        think I'm going to like this. Been looking at all the great work
        here, so I know I can learn a lot

        question about posting: think I missed the box to
        indicate 'notification of upload' to the group ....

        cheers
        Janice
      • Dawn Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 8, 2005
          Welcome Janice! Thanks for sharing your grids. I like the bigger size
          for your calendar grids. I've been thinking that the ones on my
          calendars are too small. I may try making them over more pages next
          month. I hope you'll share the grids again when you get them full.

          As to your question, I'm pretty sure that the notification box only
          occurs when you post to the files section, not the photos one.

          Dawn

          "Janice" <ariadnebrown@y...> wrote:
          > Hi folks
          ><snip>
          >
          > question about posting: think I missed the box to
          > indicate 'notification of upload' to the group ....
          >
          > cheers
          > Janice
        • Leslie
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 8, 2005
            ---
            Hi Janice, and welcome! I just looked in your folder and really
            loved the pages you've done. Looks like you're a real natural to the
            decorated page! I especially loved the soft muted colors on the
            blue/green page - really lovely!

            Leslie
            http://www.theartfuljourney.blogspot.com

            In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "Janice"
            <ariadnebrown@y...> wrote:
            > Hi folks
            >
            > Here's my introduction ... these are my first experiments with
            > Composition Book art journals, and I played with some grids after
            > reading Dawn's 'recipe'
            >
            > I opened a folder named 'Janice' in the Photos section and posted
            > some scans
            >
            > I've been writing and painting and sketching in journals for a long
            > time now, and belong to a couple other Yahoo groups. But the
            > Composition Books with acrylic paint backgrounds are new to me ...
            > think I'm going to like this. Been looking at all the great work
            > here, so I know I can learn a lot
            >
            > question about posting: think I missed the box to
            > indicate 'notification of upload' to the group ....
            >
            > cheers
            > Janice
          • Nicolette Anderson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 8, 2005
              Welcome to the group, Janice! Love your grids....love that BLUE! Blue
              is my favourite colour. It comes out a lot in my books....

              Nicolette
              Visit my blog
              http://nickieblog.blogspot.com/
              Join my online CREATIVE LETTERING Class!

              On 8-Jul-05, at 4:41 PM, Janice wrote:

              > Hi folks
              >
              > Here's my introduction ... these are my first experiments with
              > Composition Book art journals, and I played with some grids after
              > reading Dawn's 'recipe'
              >
              > I opened a folder named 'Janice' in the Photos section and posted
              > some scans
              >
              > I've been writing and painting and sketching in journals for a long
              > time now, and belong to a couple other Yahoo groups. But the
              > Composition Books with acrylic paint backgrounds are new to me ...
              > think I'm going to like this. Been looking at all the great work
              > here, so I know I can learn a lot
              >
              > question about posting:  think I missed the box to
              > indicate 'notification of upload' to the group ....
              >
              > cheers
              > Janice
              >

              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >
              > ▪  Visit your group "CompositionArtJournals" on the web.

              > Service.

            • Annee
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 21, 2006
                hello everybody! I'm annee and i live in monanata with my two dogs
                and cat. i've been journaling forever and have always been fasinated
                how well comp. books hold up to whatever you throw at them. i'm
                looking foward to "meeting" you all and getting to see all your
                wonderful pages!

                Annee
                **let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you
                really love**
              • Ron and Linda Cameron
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                  Welcome Anee! Do you have any scans of your journals?

                  Linda
                  **************
                  aka  LINDART

                  hello everybody! I'm annee and i live in monanata with my two dogs
                  and cat. i've been journaling forever and have always been fasinated
                  how well comp. books hold up to whatever you throw at them. i'm
                  looking foward to "meeting" you all and getting to see all your
                  wonderful pages!

                  Annee
                  **let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you
                  really love**

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                • annee cunningham
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                    I have some pictures on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixeepoet/sets/72057594093761680/ of my last journals, but they weren't made using comp. books.  the little book was store bought, though and it was similar to a comp. book.  it was my first attempt at an completly visual journal.  the secound journal is a handmade book that didn't turn out like i wanted : (    but what can ya do.  most of the pics have tags as to what i used to create the pages for those interested.

                    Annee
                    **Let yourself be silently drawn by the stornger pull of what you really love**

                  • Nicolette Anderson

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                        I love your pages, Annee, but what I always want to know when people
                        have lines on their pages: do you draw the lines and then write on
                        them, or do you write then put lines under the writing?

                        Elizabeth
                        near Edinburgh, Scotland
                      • Annee
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006
                          > I love your pages, Annee, but what I always want to know when people
                          > have lines on their pages: do you draw the lines and then write on
                          > them, or do you write then put lines under the writing?

                          ****** I usualy draw the lines in before i write so that i know where
                          i'm going. Also, it gives it just one more visual element that i can
                          play with! ******

                          annee
                        • Nicolette Anderson
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 22, 2006