Re: Comp book covers

  • Patty Van Dorin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
      I have a cover of my last journal in the files section under my name
      patty van dorin. I will usually put a paper on the front and back.
      Just covering the marble part. This journal I used a wallpaper I had
      found at a thrift store. I use a gel medium as my glue. I then add a
      strip of fabric for the spine, I like usuing fabric as it is more
      flexible when opening the journal. I will then add bits of paper
      that are left over from other projects or papers I had collected
      during the time I worked in the Journal. Like the tag with the key
      ring, since I had my new car back to the dealership so many times
      that month, I thought it was appropriate to add one of the key tags
      to the front. I then seal the front with more gel medium and if I
      had rubber stamped the cover (which I did after I posted this
      photo). I will spray with a sealer like Deft Clear Wood finish.

      The inside of my cover and back, I just use it for a begining and
      ending page.

      Patty Van Dorin
      http://www.tuscanrose.com

      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "marjoriginal"
      <Jeffgenct@a...> wrote:

      > I'm just about to do my first cover and my first comp book; it was
      > suggested I come here for ideas. So far I haven't found covers
      > specifically, but I'll continue looking through everything. Also
      > there were a couple other sites for me to go to.
      >
      > If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them. In
      the
      > meantime, I'm enjoying looking at everyone's work.
      >
      > TIA,
      > Margie
    • shelly
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
        on 2004-12-01 at 05:00 <tweedums@...> wrote:

        >I had the same question about the covers. I was also
        >wondering what people did with the inside and backinside
        >covers since they so often have stuff on them, what has been
        >done to cover or change those?

        i'm a slacker. i don't do anything with the covers or with
        the inner sides of the covers. i guess i leave them alone
        because i originally used compo books as strictly written
        journals. my outer covers get beat up and written/doodled on
        both inside and out. it's not necessarily "pretty," but it's
        a fairly accurate reflection of what was going on at the time
        so it works for me.

        --
        shelly
        http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
          Here is a site that has more covers than you'll have time to look!!
          Hope you all enjoy it! - Nickalli :0)

          http://www.scrapjazz.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=695