Re: Comp book covers

  • msfoxymulder
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004
      I had the same question about the covers. I was also wondering what
      people did with the inside and backinside covers since they so often
      have stuff on them, what has been done to cover or change those?

      ~Mikki
      http://velvetinspirations.blogspot.com

      --- In CompositionArtJournals@yahoogroups.com, "marjoriginal"
      <Jeffgenct@a...> wrote:

      > I'm just about to do my first cover and my first comp book; it was
      > suggested I come here for ideas. So far I haven't found covers
      > specifically, but I'll continue looking through everything. Also
      > there were a couple other sites for me to go to.
      >
      > If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them. In
      the
      > meantime, I'm enjoying looking at everyone's work.
      >
      > TIA,
      > Margie
    • Patty Van Dorin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
        I have a cover of my last journal in the files section under my name
        patty van dorin. I will usually put a paper on the front and back.
        Just covering the marble part. This journal I used a wallpaper I had
        found at a thrift store. I use a gel medium as my glue. I then add a
        strip of fabric for the spine, I like usuing fabric as it is more
        flexible when opening the journal. I will then add bits of paper
        that are left over from other projects or papers I had collected
        during the time I worked in the Journal. Like the tag with the key
        ring, since I had my new car back to the dealership so many times
        that month, I thought it was appropriate to add one of the key tags
        to the front. I then seal the front with more gel medium and if I
        had rubber stamped the cover (which I did after I posted this
        photo). I will spray with a sealer like Deft Clear Wood finish.

        The inside of my cover and back, I just use it for a begining and
        ending page.

        Patty Van Dorin
        http://www.tuscanrose.com

        <Jeffgenct@a...> wrote:

        > I'm just about to do my first cover and my first comp book; it was
        > suggested I come here for ideas. So far I haven't found covers
        > specifically, but I'll continue looking through everything. Also
        > there were a couple other sites for me to go to.
        >
        > If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them. In
        the
        > meantime, I'm enjoying looking at everyone's work.
        >
        > TIA,
        > Margie
      • shelly
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
          on 2004-12-01 at 05:00 <tweedums@...> wrote:

          >I had the same question about the covers. I was also
          >wondering what people did with the inside and backinside
          >covers since they so often have stuff on them, what has been
          >done to cover or change those?

          i'm a slacker. i don't do anything with the covers or with
          the inner sides of the covers. i guess i leave them alone
          because i originally used compo books as strictly written
          journals. my outer covers get beat up and written/doodled on
          both inside and out. it's not necessarily "pretty," but it's
          a fairly accurate reflection of what was going on at the time
          so it works for me.

          --
          shelly
          http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
            Here is a site that has more covers than you'll have time to look!!
            Hope you all enjoy it! - Nickalli :0)

            http://www.scrapjazz.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=695