Special Needs Training March 4th

  • JOHN KAREN MANSFIELD
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hello again to all!!!

      Here is the information for the March 4th Special Needs training for our Council. This is not the "typical" special needs training you may be used to. This training is to understand the special needs we are most likely to see every day in our lives and units. Such as ADHD, ADD, Bipolar, Autism, Ausbergers etc. This training is to let us as leaders recognize these boys in our units, and know how to handle situations with these types of disabilities.
      With more and more of our youth in our units, where the leaders may or may not know the child has a disability, this training is very important for all who work with our youth. I encourage ALL of you to please mark March 4th from 8:30-1pm on your calendars and join me and the Council for this special training.
      It will be held at the Radisson Graystone Castle in Thornton off of I25. The cost is $15 and includes a continental breakfast as well as lunch. If you are one of the first 50 people to sign up, you get in free. Please contact Bob Belich at 303-455-5522 or bbelich@... to sign up.
      Please, Commissioners, get this information out to ALL of your units!!! If not for the reasons I have already outlined, but also, the Douglas County School District would like to see us as a District within their school zones to have more training and understanding of the Special Needs opportunities in the schools. We need to be prepared for the special needs children that come through our units and lives on a daily basis.
      I look forward to seeing you all at this training. If anyone would like to car pool, please let me know.

      Yours In Scouting,
      Karen Mansfield
      Assistant District Commissioner
      Arapahoe District