Douglas County School/Facility Rental Information for Scouts, Etc.

  • Cyndi Fyke
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Denine Kysar <denine.kysar@...>
      To: Derek Chaney <derek.chaney@...>
      Sent: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 2:02 pm
      Subject: Facility Use Rental - Priority System

      Good afternoon,
      We hope you have all had a wonderful spring break.
      We are approaching the application window for rental requests for fall/winter sports and year long rental requests on May 1st for the 2012 - 2013 school year.
      In response to feedback from our renters and schools, we are implementing a priority system for renters to reward the organizations that meet the expectations of the schools and Douglas County School District.
      Our goal is to have the renters that rate the highest have the first opportunity to request space.
      The organizations in the first (highest rated) tier will be allowed to submit their requests on May 1st on or after 7 am.
       The next tier, will be allowed to submit theirs on May 22nd on or after 7 am.
      This will allow the schools three weeks to process the first round of schedule requests prior to the next group submitting theirs.
      The Facility Use Office will rate the organizations on five criteria and the schools will rate them on five as well.
      The criteria groups are rated on are:
      ·         Does the group service primarily Douglas County Youth
      ·         Is the group respectful of the school and personnel
      ·         Does the group stay in their contracted space
      ·         Does the group adhere to their contracted time
      ·         Are there no complaints from the school staff
      ·         Is the group a long standing renter with Douglas County Schools
      ·         Is the workload heavy with the group
      ·         Are there multiple changes/cancellations with the group
      ·         Does the group pay their invoices on time
      Notification will be sent via email in mid April as to organizations' standings, if they may submit on May 1st or May 22nd.
      Have a great weekend.
      We're looking forward to working with your group again in the 2012 - 2013 school year!

      Denine, Kay and Derek
      --
      Denine Kysar
      Office hours-7:30 am to 5 pm M-F

       N.  State  Highway  Bldg. A
      Castle Rock, CO 80109

    • Mark Zoller
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2012

        Commissioners,

        Let me know if any of our Units has a problem.  We have other avenues to resolve a booking problem.

        Yours in Scouting,

        Mark Zoller

        District Commissioner

        Arapahoe District