BSA Update

  • cyndif5944@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2011

      ·     Dear Fellow Scouters:

             Rosters

      o   Please make sure your Unit has submitted a current roster to the council prior to June 15th.  Our goal is to make sure we did not miss any scouts from recharter, spring recruitment or Webelos crossover. Rosters can be faxed or emailed.

      ·         Recruiting

      o   The Arapahoe District is happy to assist in recruiting new members for your Unit; just let us know what you need.  For Packs we will have Fall Join Night training on July 26 and at the August Roundtable.  You can submit your join night dates and flyer request at www.arapahoedistrict.org.

      ·         Popcorn

      o   Its popcorn time again!  We will have popcorn orientation on July 27 and August 11 to cover all of the exciting new developments. Submit your kernel at denverboyscouts.org to make sure you get the latest information over the summer.  One of the best ways to increase your 2011 sale is to encourage your Scouts to participate in the online sale where they can reach out to friends and family across to country to support your Unit.  The best part of the online sale is Trails End collects payment and ships the product for you.

      ·         BEASCOUT.ORG

      o   Have your visited www.beascout.org? This is a national site where a potential member can locate a unit near their house to visit.  One aspect of this interactive site is the ability for your Troop to manage your locator pin.  You can log on through your www.myscouting.org account (same site as online training) and update your units contact, meeting times, website, and more. Once your pin is updated your Unit will receive email directly from the potential new Scout. Please visit Scouting.org for information on setting up your pin and managing your new scout leads.

      ·         Journey to Excellence

      o   “Scouting’s Journey to Excellence” is the BSA’s new council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success.  You can locate a scorecard for your Troop at scouting.org and learn more about this exciting new program.  To assist the district reach our “Journey to Excellence” goals for 2011 please make sure you submit the number of Scouts you have attend summer camp outside of the council or at a National High Adventure Base.  Also, please be sure to visit the Good Turn for America site to log your Unit’s 2011 service hours.

      ·         Program Kickoff

      o   Be sure to join us on August 11 for our second annual program preview at the National Western Stock Show Complex.  The preview will feature a program midway and the first 500 to arrive will receive a Scouting pad folio with a 2011-2012 calendar.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Joey Quick
      Arapahoe District Director, Denver Area Council
      10455 W. 6th Ave, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80215
      Phone: 303.455.5522 x22`5, Fax: 303.455.4689
      http://www.denverboyscouts.org Shop online at the DAC Trading Post!

      Please remember to designate your United Way gift to the Denver Area Council, BSA (Agency #0014).