Scout Show volunteers needed please

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2008
      Hello everyone!!!

      I was hoping you would all put out the word to your units. The Special Needs District is in need for volunteers for their booth at the Scout Show. We will be having a game so the boys can "see" what it is like to have a mental impairment as well as the Freedom Service Dogs, who save dogs from the pounds and teach them to be useful training dogs for people with special needs, including autism and other needs, not just physical.
      I am not asking these volunteers to choose between their unit and Special Needs, but to help an hour or two of their time either before or after their shift from their unit. I too, will be going between the Arapahoe District Commissioner booth and the Special Needs booth.

      The boys (as well as adults) would be eligible for the Champion Buddy patch for working with special needs, and service hours for their time, since this is not a troop activity. We are looking for both boys and adults. Some of you had helped me at Camporee, and know some of this, but I would appreciate your passing this around to your units, district etc.

      The boys MUST be First Class or above, if under Star Scout, must have SM approval.

      Thank you for your assistance. Please have anyone interested call me or email me directly, I will then contact them regarding shifts of their choice etc. as the Scout Show gets closer.

      YIS,

      Karen Mansfield
      Special Needs District
      Activities Chair