Re: [Commissioners] Round Table & Commissioners Meeting, 2/7/2008, 6:15 pm

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2008
      Helps if I include the email from Pack 140...

      PACK 140
      COMPASS  POINTS
      February 2008

      Pack Calendar

      ·          Sunday  February 10, 5:30 to 7:00,  Pack Meeting.  **THIS SUNDAY**

      Blue and Gold Dinner and Cross Over Ceremony**NOTE EARLY TIME.

      ·          Saturday February 23,  11:00-12:30  Coors Field Tour

      ·          Sunday March 16, 4:00, Pack Meeting **NOTE EARLY TIME **-  Pinewood Derby Races.

      Pack News

      Blue and Gold Dinner

      This Sunday will be Pack 140's Blue and Gold Dinner and Crossing Over Ceremony.  Come bid farewell to our 2nd year Webelos as they cross over into Boy Scouts.  The program will run from 5:30 to approximately 7:00.  A barbeque dinner and drinks will be provided.  All family members are invited, free of charge.  But please bring your dues money if you haven't paid up!

      New Committee Chair

      Please welcome Andrew Pietrzyk as our new Pack 140 Committee Chair!

      Pack  Field Trip

      Pack Activities Director Mike Martin has arranged a tour of Coors Field on February 23rd.  The tour starts at 11 am and will last about 1.5 hours.  Parents and siblings are welcome.   Please RSVP to your den leader or Mike Martin at mjmartin101@....

      Pinewood Derby  Building Sessions

      Don't know how to turn that block of wood into a Pinewood Derby car?  Have no fear!  Dean McBournie will be hosting Saturday sessions at his workshop to help you create your masterpiece of speed and beauty.  Dates and times to be announced.   Webelos who have crossed over will not be eligible to compete for Pack prizes but are welcome to come race against each other and show off their cars.

      Dues

      PLEASE, please, please turn in your Pack dues!  The cost is $32.10.  Bring your money or check to your next den or pack meeting.

      Den Resources/Ideas

      The Pack has the following resource books available, see Dean McBournie:

      ·        Cub Scout Leader book

      ·        Cub Scout Leader How to Book

      ·        BSA Family Activity Book

      ·        Guide to Safe Scouting for Unit Activities

      ·        Cub Scout Skits for You and Me

      ·        Den Games

      ·        Cub Scout Ceremonies for Dens and Packs

      Denver BSA Area Council Special Family Events

      Interested in a family night at local sports or theater events?  The local BSA Council has done some of the work for you. Check out the links below for special family events.

      Event

      Month

      Description

      University of Denver Pioneers Basketball

      February

      Scout night with the Pioneers. Discounted tickets to Scouts and their families for select games.

      Wildlife Experience

      February - October

      Looking for an exciting place to go for a field trip? Visit The Wildlife Experience. Fun exhibits, large format films and more! Badge programs available!

      Denver Nuggets Basketball

      February

      Discounted tickets to Scouts and their families to attend a game and sleep over in the Pepsi Center.

      Colorado Ballet Presents Coppelia

      February and March

      Colorado Ballet is offering $10 tickets in the balcony and $15 tickets in the loge. Tickets are always subject to availability!

      Disney on Ice

      March

      Discounted tickets to Scouts and their families for select shows.

      Colorado 14ers

      March

      Bring your family, friends, and cameras out to Scouts Night Out. See exciting basketball action as your Colorado 14ers host The Boy Scouts of America at the Broomfield Event Center.

      Rocky Mountain Rage

      March

      Bring your family, friends, and cameras out to Scouts Night Out. See exciting hockey action as your Rocky Mountain Rage host The Boy Scouts of America at the Broomfield Event Center.

      Date: Thursday February 7, 2008
      Time: 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Thursday.
      Location: LDS Highlands Ranch Stake Bldg.
      Notes: Commissioner meeting at 6:15 before RT