Fw: Pinewood Derby new rules and District race

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Also from Randy, the Pinewood Chair for the District...
      Karen

      Hello All,

      I just wanted to point out that there are two big changes for this year’s race. The eligibility requirements and the rules have changed. We really want to make sure that the word gets out to all of the packs in the district because of these changes.

      Eligibility – The race is no longer an open event, as we want it to be considered an achievement to qualify for the district level.  Each pack can send the top two racers from each age group (Tigers, Bears, Wolves, Webelos I, and Webelos II).  It is recommended that they have an alternate designated if one of the top two racers cannot attend.

      Rules – The rules have been rewritten. The biggest change is that graphite is not the only lube that is allowed, so long as the lube isn’t messy and doesn’t foul the track.  Packs should review the changes and make any necessary adjustments to their rules so racers will not fail the check-in inspection at the district race after racing at the pack level.

      The rules and eligibility requirements are also now posted on the district website.

      If anyone has any questions they can contact me at the email or phone number below.

      Thanks,

      Randy Lisano

      Arapahoe District 2007 Pinewood Derby Chair

      303-362-1305

      rlisano@...