Re: District Dinner

  • Robert Avery
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2006
      can't wait to see you in that grass skirt!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2007
        Hello everyone,

        It was so much fun seeing so many of you at RT the other night!!!
        I wanted to tell you about something that has changed a bit this year for the Spirit of Polaris Award.
        ALL nominations will need to be to the scout office for our Outstanding Scouters and District Award of Merit nominees. That also goes for Spirit of Polaris winners. For those of you that have no idea what a Spirit of Polaris is, it is a special award given to those people in your units and our district that may not have completed enough of the requirements (such as district or council service) for the District Award of Merit, but still deserve recognition above or including the outstanding scouter (this is great for people who already have the outstanding scouter, but have yet earned the DAM)

        I am asking that anyone who has a nomination for a Spirit of Polaris recipient to please email me directly (jkrkman@...) with a paragraph or so on why this person deserves this accolade and what they have done. I will need the name of the person nominating them, the unit number the person is in, and any other info you would like us to know. In subject line, please put SOP or something scout related, I tend to delete things I don't recognize.

        I also need this in no later than Jan 26th, along with the rest of the nomination forms please, but the regular ones go to the office, I just would like the Spirit of Polaris nominations. Please also realize, if your nominee is accepted, they will need to be paid for by the unit or however your unit works this dinner.

        Also, missing from our form was attire, you may either wear your Class A OR since this is an island Luau theme, you may were that attire as well. We may have the room HOT, to get the "feel" LOL

        (Note to district and new District Dinner committee-we need this nomination form available next year please)

        Thank you everyone!!! Look forward to seeing you all at the Dinner!!!

        ALOHA,
        Karen Mansfield
      • chain5358
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
          Karen,
              You are using my old e-mail address.  I check it about once every two weeks, so if you would change my address to chain5358@....
          Thanks,
          Dave McLeish

          I am asking that anyone who has a nomination for a Spirit of Polaris recipient to please email me directly (jkrkman@msn. com) with a paragraph or so on why this person deserves this accolade and what they have done. I will need the name of the person nominating them, the unit number the person is in, and any other info you would like us to know. In subject line, please put SOP or something scout related, I tend to delete things I don't recognize.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2007
            Thanks Dave, I will let Cyndi know as well, she is in charge of the Commissioner page we use...
            Missed you at RT, hope all is well. Smiley emoticon

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
              Hi All!

              The District Dinner is rapidly approaching. Please help the district
              by talking about this subject with your unit leaders ASAP. The
              Arapahoe District Website now has a prominent entry
              promoting "Outstanding Scouter Registrations", "District Award of
              Merit (DAM) Nominations", and "Spirit of Polaris (SOP)" award
              nominations. New this year, are guidelines to help people understand
              who qualifies for the awards. These guidelines are posted along with
              the nomination forms.

              The District Dinner is March 8th 6-9pm at the LDS Center where we
              have Roundtable. The theme is "Greatest Show on Earth".

              DAM and SOP nominations are due February 1st. Historically, we get
              very few nominations submitted. Please help us promote the
              identification of our exceptional volunteers.

              "NEW" this year is units can register guests and their Outstanding
              Scouters ON-LINE! Please visit the Council Website, select
              the "Calender", find March 8 and "click" on the Arapahoe District
              Dinner entry. This will take you to the registration page (or use
              the link below).
              <http://www.arapahoedistrict.org/registration/calendardetail.asp?
              ActivityKey=305191>

              ** Note that Outstanding Scouters, DAM and SOP winners, and other
              award winner winners will be identified at the February RT!!

              If you or your unit has any questions, please email me at
              steve.king@... or call me at 720-313-2596.

              Warm Regards,
              Steve King
              Unit Commissioner