YPT Update for Units

  • cyndif5944@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2006
      Fellow Scouters:

              We are proceeding with the conversion of YPT training programs along with "Fast Start" programs to a DVD format and eventual distribution to each unit in the Council.  The DVD's will be program specific in that the "Fast Start" for Cub Leaders will coincide with the Adult YPT training and the age specific YPT for Cub Scouts, and similarly for each of the programs in Scouting.................Boy Scouts, Varsity and Venturing.  Plans are to have this available to units by June 15.  The package will include several updates to handouts, and a facilitators guide for units to administer the program.

      Units are reminded that they must have YPT training for adults who attend council properties or programs for 24 hours or more, That the current YPT program with trainers is still in effect and the on-line YPT program is available to anyone needing YPT, so District Commissioners, please remind Scouters at roundtables and every opportunity of the need to continue YPT training at every level.

      Should you have any questions or issues that I may be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to call.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Dave Holland