comet C/2012 F6 Lemmon Obs

  • constoitsis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi All

      I made the following observation from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia last night
      Conditions- Clear, mild, windy.
      Transp- Fair to Good
      Light Meter reading 17.85

      Feb 20.50UT, m1 5.5, Dia 6.5', DC 5.
      11x70m
      Tail visible with averted vision to the SE, approx 15' in length.
      Coma condensed centre, more difussed towards the edges
      Moon interference

      The comet doesn't seem any brighter than a week or so ago?.
      I'm not sure if that was due to the moon being present last night?.

      Regards

      Con Stoitsis
      Director
      Comet Section