Comet C/2012 F6 Lemmon Obs

  • constoitsis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
      Hi All

      I made the following observation from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia tonight.
      Conditions were poor
      Patchy cloud, and moon interference reduced transparency.
      My observation was also completed before twilight ended

      Jan 24.45UT, m1 6.6, DC 4, dia 7.5'
      No tail observed
      11x70mm

      Regards

      Con Stoitsis
      Director
      Comet Section
      Astronomical Society of Victoria Inc
      Melbourne Australia
    • constoitsis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
        Hi All

        I made the following observation from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia tonight.
        Conditions- Patchy cloud cover, and moon interference.

        Jan 29.45UT, m1 5.8, Dia 7.5', DC 4/.
        11x70 mm
        No tail visible
        Coma circular
        Not visible to the naked eye from my location.
        The comet shoud be visible to the naked eye from a dark sky once the moon
        gets out the way this weekend