Comet C/2012 F6 Lemmon Obs

  • constoitsis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2013
      Hi Chris

      I observed the comet from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia this morning.
      Light Meter 18.65
      Some very light cloud cover affected transparency.
      Jan 15.65UT, m1 7.1, Dia 8', DC 5.
      11x70mm Binoculars
      No tail
      Coma elongation to the NW

      Regards

      Con Stoitsis
      Director
      Comet Section
      Astronomical Society of Victoria Inc
      Melbourne Australia
    • constoitsis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2013
        Hi All

        I made the following observation from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia, this morning.
        Light Meter reading 18.60
        Conditions- Patchy cloud, mostly clear.

        Jan 22.70 UT, m1 6.9, Dia 7.5', dc 4.
        11x70mm Binoculars

        The comet was obviously brighter than a week ago.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
          Hi All

          I made the following observation from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia tonight.
          Conditions were poor
          Patchy cloud, and moon interference reduced transparency.
          My observation was also completed before twilight ended

          Jan 24.45UT, m1 6.6, DC 4, dia 7.5'
          No tail observed
          11x70mm

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
            Hi All

            I made the following observation from Caulfield, Victoria, Australia tonight.
            Conditions- Patchy cloud cover, and moon interference.

            Jan 29.45UT, m1 5.8, Dia 7.5', DC 4/.
            11x70 mm
            No tail visible
            Coma circular
            Not visible to the naked eye from my location.
            The comet shoud be visible to the naked eye from a dark sky once the moon
            gets out the way this weekend