C/2007 N3 Lulin Obs 25th Feb 09

  • Bomber2 Panther
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2009
      Hi all,
      I observed the comet from Walcha this morning, i had a limiting magnitude of 6.6 and transparent skies, and very steady seeing!

      C/2007 N3 Lulin

      2009 February 24.65 UT; m1= 4.3; Dia= 28'; DC= 5; 7x50 B [Chris Wyatt, Walcha, NSW, Australia]
      Tail seen to SE, traced out to 3 degrees, it seemed quite broad at the coma, the coma seemed broad to the NNW and short, more like an elongated coma than a tail.Easily seen with the naked eye.
      Comp Star= TYC 4930-1093-1; Method: S; Cat= TJ

      Naked Eye Observation
      2009 February 24.65 UT; m1= 4.9; Dia= 30'; DC= 4
      No tail seen naked eye.

      Cheers!
      Chris Wyatt
      Walcha, NSW