C/2207 N3 Lulin obs 4th Feb 09

  • Bomber2 Panther
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hi guys!
      Observed N3 from Walcha Road this morning, had to travel to beat the fog racing through Walcha, i had to pick gaps between the fog to make obs. Did my best under the circumstances.

      C/2007 N3 Lulin

      2009 February 03.69 UT; m1= 6.1; Dia= 12'; DC= 6; 7x50B [Chris Wyatt, Walcha, NSW, Australia]
      No tail seen, glimpsed the comet naked eye using averted vision, which i tried before i used the Binoculars on the comet.
      There was a faint star at the edge of the coma but i don't think it had an effect on my naked eye obs as it was below my limiting magnitude of 6.4. (LM=6.4)
      Comp star: TYC 6174-986-1; Method: S; Cat: TJ

      Cheers!
      Chris Wyatt
      Walcha, NSW
      Australia

    • Bomber2 Panther
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        Correction to the title of the email, it should read C/2007 N3 Lulin...
        I was in a rush to get this out before work!

        Cheers!
        Chris W

        To: asvcometsection@yahoogroups.com; cometobs@yahoogroups.com; carlec@...; cometas@...; rwy30357@...
        From: outbackmanyep@...
        Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:25:27 +1100
        Subject: [asvcometsection] C/2207 N3 Lulin obs 4th Feb 09

        Hi guys!
        Observed N3 from Walcha Road this morning, had to travel to beat the fog racing through Walcha, i had to pick gaps between the fog to make obs. Did my best under the circumstances.

        C/2007 N3 Lulin

        2009 February 03.69 UT; m1= 6.1; Dia= 12'; DC= 6; 7x50B [Chris Wyatt, Walcha, NSW, Australia]
        No tail seen, glimpsed the comet naked eye using averted vision, which i tried before i used the Binoculars on the comet.
        There was a faint star at the edge of the coma but i don't think it had an effect on my naked eye obs as it was below my limiting magnitude of 6.4. (LM=6.4)
        Comp star: TYC 6174-986-1; Method: S; Cat: TJ

        Cheers!
        Chris Wyatt
        Walcha, NSW
        Australia

        Sell your car for just $50. It's simple!