103P Easy to image but challenging to observe visually

  • dennis_persyk
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      Comet 103P Hartley 2 in Cassiopeia is currently at magnitude 7.6 and brightening rapidly. It makes an easy and attractive imaging target, especially in color, with its 10 arc minute (or greater) green coma.

      But don't expect it to look as bright as a magnitude 7.6 star in the eyepiece! My web page below provides some explanations as well as detailed information on my images and the comet in general. Please take a look.

      http://users.FoxValley.net/~dpersyk/new.htm .

      Clear skies and happy comet imaging/observing. 73,

      Dennis Persyk N9DP
      Igloo (Now Roll-Off) Observatory Home Page http://users.FoxValley.net/~dpersyk
      Hampshire, IL
      Pier Design http://users.FoxValley.net/~dpersyk/Pier_Design.htm