C/2009P1 nov. 28 deep image

  • schmidtcamera2500
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2011
      Hello

      Last evening i spend a lot of time to take this image

      BW nov.28 UT 16.50
      4230 sec filters UV/IR,RGB

      http://www.cometpieces.at/images/phocagallery/2009p120111128all.jpg

      LRGB

      2011 nov. 28 UT 16.50 10"/3.8 FLI 8300
      L 3x450sec 1x1 bin and 3x360sec 2x2 bin
      RGB 600/600/600 sec

      http://www.cometpieces.at/images/phocagallery/2009p120111128weblrgb.jpg

      Best regards
      Michael Jäge
    • P. Clay Sherrod
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 28, 2011
        And your time and effort appears to have paid off; absolutely incredible morphology
        that would not have shown had you not gone this deep.
        Beautiful image.

        Clay
        _____
        Dr. P. Clay Sherrod
        Arkansas Sky Observatories
        MPC H45 - Petit Jean Mountain South
        MPC H41 - Petit Jean Mountain
        MPC H43 - Conway West
        http://www.arksky.org/

        Last evening i spend a lot of time to take this image

        BW nov.28 UT 16.50
        4230 sec filters UV/IR,RGB

        http://www.cometpieces.at/images/phocagallery/2009p120111128all.jpg

        LRGB

        2011 nov. 28 UT 16.50 10"/3.8 FLI 8300
        L 3x450sec 1x1 bin and 3x360sec 2x2 bin
        RGB 600/600/600 sec

        http://www.cometpieces.at/images/phocagallery/2009p120111128weblrgb.jpg

        Best regards
        Michael Jäge

      • Stephen J McIntyre
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2011
          I can see that the image is stretched quite a bit, but i don't understand what appears to be two tails? One poiting down (relative to the image) and one pointing to the west.

          What's going on there?

          Stephen

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 29, 2011
            Stephen

            This is normal.
            Look at this image with correct orientation. North is up.
            The sun is below. So you see the ion tail to N and the dust to E

            http://www.cometpieces.at/images/phocagallery/2009p120111128lrgbwnn.jpg

            MJ

            --- In Comet-Images@yahoogroups.com, Stephen J McIntyre <mcintyre_sj@...> wrote:

            > I can see that the image is stretched quite a bit, but i don't understand what appears to be two tails? One poiting down (relative to the image) and one pointing to the west.
            >
            > What's going on there?
            > Stephen
            > ,mailto: smcintyre@...
            > Astro photos: www.flickr.com/McIntyre_SJ