C/2009 R1: some shell structure visible?

  • Gianluca Masi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11 8:56 AM
      Dear all,

      I processed this image of comet McNaught, grabbed on Jun 9
      2010 while the sky was significantly bright. It *seems* to
      show some hints of a shell structure, a sort of arc in the
      Sun direction.

      This is an uncertain detail, as there is not enough signal
      and there is noise because of the bright sky to firmly
      conclude, but I would like to ask other observers to check
      their images. Likely, it is not real, but it would be nice
      to give it a try.

      http://virtualtelescope.bellatrixobservatory.org/C2009r1_9june2010ls.jpg

      regards,
      Gianluca Masi