C/2006 P1 (McNaught) with DSLR from 0701

  • Burkhard Leitner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hello!

      Here´s an image from this evening, again with DSLR + Telelens.
      I could easily see the comet naked eye 45 minutes after sunset for
      about 20 minutes!

      http://www.kometarium.com/images/2006p1_0701_135mm.jpg

      Regards
      Burkhard Leitner
    • P. Clay Sherrod
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
        Hello Burkhard....
        Excellent photo and you must have gone to great lengths to obtain it so well.
        The apparent motion of the comet in DEC is clearly obvious on your image....what was the
        exposure length?

        Dr. Clay
        -------------
        Arkansas Sky Observatories
        Harvard MPC/ H43 (Conway)
        Harvard MPC/ H41 (Petit Jean Mountain)
        Harvard MPC/ H45 (Petit Jean Mtn. South)
        http://www.arksky.org/

        > Here´s an image from this evening, again with DSLR + Telelens.
        > I could easily see the comet naked eye 45 minutes after sunset for
        > about 20 minutes!
        >
        > http://www.kometarium.com/images/2006p1_0701_135mm.jpg
        >
        > Regards
        > Burkhard Leitner
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Burkhard Leitner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
          Hello Clay,
          the photo was added from 9 exposures with 1 respectively 2 seconds.
          The camera stood on a photo-tripod, no drive.

          Kind regards
          Burkhard