Re: [CombatAircraft] Carier Airborne Early Warning Internet Air Wing is UP on...

  • Benscan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
      Thanks for the CAEW info and please excuse me for not responding sooner. I'll be checking out your website and I'm sure it'll be interesting,

      Happy Landings,
      Ben

      In a message dated 9/24/02 2:15:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, geokoppmann@... writes:

      Radar based CAEW started in March 1945 with the delivery to the
      U.S. Navy Fleet of the 1st. Grumman TBM-3W carrying the APS-20 Radar
      and a Radome slung under its belly between the landing gear.
      Sea trials took place in April 1945 and the rest is U.S. Naval
      History.

    • Benscan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
        Hey George,

        Just wondering if you ever ran across one Larry Matlock? He's a form Flight
        Engineer who used to be assigned to Greyhounds and I believe Super-Fudds,

        Happy Landings,
        Ben