Steve Canyon On DVD!!!

  • Christian Bryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2008
      At long last.

      My brother just sent me the new "4 episode sampler", and I dove right
      into it. Since I wasn't even born the first time around, and not been
      in syndication since, it was wonderful to say the least to finally
      watch these.

      But it get's better; the ENTIRE sreies will be out later this year!!

      http://stevecanyondvd.blogspot.com/

      The four episodes in the sampler are:

      "Operation Zero Launch"

      Speak of the devil; the F-100's launching from the trailer.

      A very young Marion Ross ("Mrs. C" from "Happy Days") is in this ep.

      "Operation B-52"

      What can I say; loved every minute of it. I had to do a triple take,
      as there is some EXTREMELY RARE footage of the prototype B-52A 52-
      2001, doing some refueling while testing the short vertical stab
      later used on the "G" & "H" models.

      This was the ONLY "Tall tail" BUFF ever to be fitted with the shorter
      fin.

      "Operation Mushroom"

      H-Bomb test at Bikini; TONS of different aircraft types in LOTS of
      RARE footage!!

      "Operation Diplomat"

      Steve has to taxi a C-47 18 miles across the sand to "Friendly"
      territory, because the elevator cabes are broken!!

      You can tell it was filmed near Edwards; the fin on the C-47 has that
      classic red chevron with the Edwards shield.

      I would LOVE to put these up on You Tube for you guys, but I don't
      dare because of the copyright, and these prints are all restored, etc.

      Great to finally see this show, and am looking forward to the
      complete series.

      Christian
    • MGC
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22 4:08 PM
        Re: Steve Canyon On DVD!!!
        Monday, December 22, 2008 5:28 PM
        From:
        "John R. Ellis" <twonky@...>
        To: CombatAircraft@yahoogroups.com

[...]

        territory, because the elevator cables are broken!!
        You can tell it was filmed near Edwards; the fin on the C-47 has that
        classic red chevron with the Edwards shield.
        I would LOVE to put these up on You Tube for you guys, but I don't
        dare because of the copyright, and these prints are all restored, etc.

        Great to finally see this show, and am looking forward to the
        complete series.
        Christian
      • John R. Ellis
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22 4:40 PM
          Trying this ONE LAST TIME...the first 3 messages I sent were "lost in
          the ether"...trying this time with a different browser...

          Thanks Christian for the excellent plug for our DVD. We've put a lot
          of effort into making
          our Steve Canyon TV series restoration the best it can be, and it's
          truly gratifying when we
          hear from people like you...and that makes it even more fun and
          worthwhile for us.

          I wanted to point out that we just released THE COMPLETE STEVE CANYON
          ON TV Volume
          One DVD set (last week of November) and we believe it will be of
          interest to you and the
          other members of this forum.

          Besides having the first 12 episodes of the series, it features MANY
          classic late '50's USAF
          planes in footage that can only be seen ON THIS DVD! F-84
          Thunderstreak, F-86 Sabre,
          F-89 Scorpion, F-94 Starfire, F-100 Super Sabre, F-101 Voodoo, F-102
          Delta Dagger, F-
          104 Starfighter, H-19 Chickasaw, H-21 Workhorse, C-47 Skytrain, C-119
          Flying Boxcar,
          C-130 Hercules, B-26 Invader, B-50 Superfortress, B-52 Stratofortress,
          SM-65 Atlas
          missile, MGM-1 Matador missile, Q-2A Firebee and others (including the
          Soviet MiG-15)!

          Before I lose this message (and have to type it again) I'll just say
          that those that are
          interested can see pictures and more detailed information at
          http://stevecanyondvd.blogspot.com

          At the present time it is only available through our website or our
          store on eBay. Feel free to
          email or post or message me any time, I love to talk about the series,
          the planes and the
          period. Happy Holidays!

          John Ellis
          Steve Canyon TV Restoration Producer
          The Milton Caniff Estate

          --- In CombatAircraft@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Bryan"
          <craviola880@...> wrote:

          > At long last.
          >
          > My brother just sent me the new "4 episode sampler", and I dove right
          > into it. Since I wasn't even born the first time around, and not been
          > in syndication since, it was wonderful to say the least to finally
          > watch these.
          >
          > But it get's better; the ENTIRE sreies will be out later this year!!
          >
          > http://stevecanyondvd.blogspot.com/
          >
          > The four episodes in the sampler are:
          >
          > "Operation Zero Launch"
          >
          > Speak of the devil; the F-100's launching from the trailer.
          >
          > A very young Marion Ross ("Mrs. C" from "Happy Days") is in this ep.
          >
          > "Operation B-52"
          >
          > What can I say; loved every minute of it. I had to do a triple take,
          > as there is some EXTREMELY RARE footage of the prototype B-52A 52-
          > 2001, doing some refueling while testing the short vertical stab
          > later used on the "G" & "H" models.
          >
          > This was the ONLY "Tall tail" BUFF ever to be fitted with the shorter
          > fin.
          >
          > "Operation Mushroom"
          >
          > H-Bomb test at Bikini; TONS of different aircraft types in LOTS of
          > RARE footage!!
          >
          > "Operation Diplomat"
          >
          > Steve has to taxi a C-47 18 miles across the sand to "Friendly"
          > territory, because the elevator cabes are broken!!
          >
          > You can tell it was filmed near Edwards; the fin on the C-47 has that
          > classic red chevron with the Edwards shield.
          >
          > I would LOVE to put these up on You Tube for you guys, but I don't
          > dare because of the copyright, and these prints are all restored, etc.
          >
          > Great to finally see this show, and am looking forward to the
          > complete series.
          >
          > Christian

        • Christian Bryan
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28 11:52 PM
            Thank you John!

            Glad to see your a member here.

            AMAZING job you did here, can't wait to get the rest.

            All the best,

            Christian

            "The Boxart Den"

            World's largest display & collection of FULLY RESTORED rare &
            collectable model kit box art

            http://theboxartden.com

            http://www.myspace.com/craviola990

            http://www.youtube.com/craviola880