Bomber Pilot of A bomb Dies

  • richhoofer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      As this man passes into history.I have to think of all it
      achived.With one act 80,000 people died. In all he said he did his
      duty and sleeped well each night. If you wish to read aboout him , go
      here http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_on_re_us/obit_tibbets
      richhoofer
    • MaX G Cunningham
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        --- In CombatAircraft@yahoogroups.com, "richhoofer" <gigantor11@...>
        wrote:

        > As this man passes into history.I have to think of all it
        > achived.With one act 80,000 people died. In all he said he did his
        > duty and sleeped well each night. If you wish to read aboout him , go
        > here http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_on_re_us/obit_tibbets
        > richhoofer

        I caught that on the news as well.

        There are any number of angles one can consider.
        That "the act" might have brought the war to
        a much quicker and decisive conclusion, remains
        a popular concensus.

        It's a fact that many more Japanese died (many also horribly)
        in the firestorm saturation bombing of Tokyo, months
        earlier, but to no avail.

        Here's another interesting link to follow up on the subject,
        with a connection to todays protracted conflict that the USA
        has apparently commited to almost entirely unquestioned.

        http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/snyder-joshua4.html

        MaX

        This thread is also available on the F-20 List.

      • Parazo Jerico
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
          I still don't get it why people hated Tibbets for
          bombing Hiroshima. If it was the Japs who had the
          bomb, they would have done the same. Besides, he was
          a soldier and was ordered to do it. Saburo Sakai, a
          Zero ace said that if he were ordered to do it to
          America, he'll do it.

          I hope people will first put themselves in the shoes
          of the people they are judging....I find it sickening
          to treat men who did their duties for their country
          with honor....by people who don't have the guts to put
          their collective a***s on the line.

          --- MaX G Cunningham <max_g_cunningham@...>

          http://mail.yahoo.com