Re: [CombatAircraft] walkaround eurocopter tigre and dauphin FBW, dassault ra...

  • Benscan@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      Hi There!
      Thanks very much for sharing the info on the new walkarounds. As soon as I
      can I will check them out.

      The Joint Strike Fighter will soon be chosen. Both designs seem to be meeting
      or exceeding performance expections. Whichever one is chosen will be the
      replacement for the AV-8 Harrier and several other aircraft. The interesting
      thing is that with both designs have the ability to make transition, landing
      and takeoff from VSTOL as easy as falling off a log. One of the Boeing test
      pilots demonstrated in a simulator how their JSF is able to land on a carrier
      hands-off once the pilot establishes hover and then descent. That means it's
      going to be very popular with the US Marine Corps. They've never mastered
      flying the Harrier as well as the RAF and Royal Navy pilots have.

      Thanks everyone for your continued enthusiast support and may all of you have
      a grest summer.

      Happy Flying!
      Ben

      message dated 7/26/01 3:26:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      aircraftstories@... writes:

      Hello,

         3 new "walkaround" are available on www.bourget.free.fr

         - Dassault Rafale M01
         - Eurocopter Dauphin CDVE / FBW (fly by wire)
         - Europter Tigre.

      Total of pictures : 61.

      Enjoy !

      Benoit