New to the group

  • sbmatyas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hi, I am a new stay-at-home dad (with an 8 month old son) and am
      looking for activies and/or ways to get out of the house and actually
      talk with other adults. If there are any activities going on in the
      near future, I'd really like to be included! Thanks, Steve
    • zmcbee
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2007
        Good morning. I am new to the stay-at-home Dads group as we just
        moved here a few months ago from St. Louis and are getting to know
        Columbus. My name is Zac, I'm 31, and I stay home with our daughter
        Norah (aged 9 1/2 months). We live in Gahanna, which we have really
        liked. Norah's getting more and more active (and loves other kids),
        and I'm looking to get out and meet some other Dads who have similar
        lives to mine.
      • J P

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
            Thanks! I really appreciate the advice.

            I didn't realize that they had conventions for SAHDs.
            Sounds like something to look into.

            How long have you have you been home with your boys?

            --- J P <mdattorney@...> wrote:

            > Hi. The Columbus groups have been a little sketchy
            > lately. Check out the yahoo group "Columbussahd" as
            > well. I would like to see things pick up again. I
            > just got back from a national convention of At-home
            > dads. I have 4yo, 2yo and 5mo boys.
            >
            > Also, check out Athomedad.org.
            >

            > zmcbee <ohioinmyheart@...> wrote:
            > Good morning. I am new to the stay-at-home
            > Dads group as we just
            > moved here a few months ago from St. Louis and are
            > getting to know
            > Columbus. My name is Zac, I'm 31, and I stay home
            > with our daughter
            > Norah (aged 9 1/2 months). We live in Gahanna, which
            > we have really
            > liked. Norah's getting more and more active (and
            > loves other kids),
            > and I'm looking to get out and meet some other Dads
            > who have similar
            > lives to mine.
            >

            > ---------------------------------

            Be a better pen pal.
          • J P
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
              I have been an at-home dad for 4 years.  We live north of Powell, and just south of Delaware in Liberty Township.

              --- J P <mdattorney@yahoo. com> wrote:

              > Hi. The Columbus groups have been a little sketchy
              > lately. Check out the yahoo group "Columbussahd" as
              > well. I would like to see things pick up again. I
              > just got back from a national convention of At-home
              > dads. I have 4yo, 2yo and 5mo boys.
              >
              > Also, check out Athomedad.org.
              >

              > zmcbee <ohioinmyheart@ yahoo.com> wrote:
              > Good morning. I am new to the stay-at-home
              > Dads group as we just
              > moved here a few months ago from St. Louis and are
              > getting to know
              > Columbus. My name is Zac, I'm 31, and I stay home
              > with our daughter
              > Norah (aged 9 1/2 months). We live in Gahanna, which
              > we have really
              > liked. Norah's getting more and more active (and
              > loves other kids),
              > and I'm looking to get out and meet some other Dads
              > who have similar
              > lives to mine.

              Be a better pen pal.
              Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. http://overview. mail.yahoo. com/