PLEASE I NEED YOUR URGENT RESPONSE

  • Meg Stetson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2010
      Hello.

      Hope you are doing well today?Am in a great sorrow writing you this note,I could barely think straight at this point,I'm sorry I didn't inform you about my travelling... am presently in Madrid, Spain on short programme and as i write to you now.. its unbelievable am stuck here,got mugged at gun point on my way to a hotel and my money,credit cards,phone and other valuable things were taken off me at gun point, thanking almighty God for save keeping my passport.I really need your urgent assistance quickly,I just need loan of 1,650euro to sort out my hotel bills and other transactions or any amount you can raise for me i promise to refund it back to you with interest once i get back home.Then i still have some cash in my account but i can't access any here right now,already cancelled all my cards immediately after the muggers took my things off me!!! I am left at the public internet library where am making use of the free internet access so that I could contact whom ever that can help me.I will forever be grateful if you can help me,Waiting to hear from you quickly because my return flight leaves soon but need to sort the hotel bills and other expenditures. Please save me from been embarrassed.

      Name:  Meg Stetson

      Address: Paseo De Las Delicias 26, 28045 Madrid, Spain.

      Text Question: What is receiver's date of birth?
      Answer: 1/5/72

      Please remember to send me full details of the transfer such as MTCN (money transfer control number) or scan copy of the transfer receipt so that i can get the money here without any delay or problem. Trust me; I will refund back the money to you including the transfer charges on my arrival. I will check my e-mail again later to have the western union transfer details.

      Thank you for your help.

       Meg.

    • Chris McDaniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2010
        I've received similar (scam) requests like this but NONE of them used the actual name of someone that I would have recognized.  Is this just a more sophisticated version of that same scam??

        If it is legit, my apologies for being so cyncial and I hope Meg finds a way out of this fix!!!

        Moony

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2010
          yes, this is a newer, ugly version of the same. I have had three of my friends' email addresses scammed like this lately. yikes!! Meg, change your password!