So Much Great Music the next 2 Weeks!!

  • Scott Morrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      I wanted to make more people aware of these shows coming up in the next couple of weeks.  They are all so good and so different.  Blues, Bluegrass, Funk-Jazz Boogaloo, Reggae, and jazz guitar fuzion jam.  Check out these musicians who in my opinion are some of the best at what they do.  Do yourself and favor and wash away some of the dust of everyday life down at Cervantes.  Please forward this email to anyone else who you think may enjoy these shows.  See you there.

      Scott

      James Cotton w/ Albert Cummings, Delta Sonics & John-Alex Mason
      Thursday December 1st
      When James Cotton left the ranks of the Muddy Waters Blues Band in 1966, the harmonica virtuoso had little trouble assembling an all star cast of his own.  The result was the James Cotton Blues Band – an outfit that has since achieved worldwide recognition as one of the tightest and most influential blues outfits ever assembled.  If you like the blues, do not miss this night!!!  We are very proud to have blues great James Cotton at Cervantes along with Albert Cummings, the Delta Sonics & John-Alex Mason.  Tix are $20.

      Jeff Austin & Friends
      Friday December 2nd
      Special Guests Shawn Camp & Brynn Davies
       Jeff Austin of Yonder Mountain String Band is coming and bringing some of his friends that most defiantly will be able to pick some bluegrass as well.  Come on out and find out who Jeff's "friends" in addition to Shawn Camp and Brynn Davies are, each year this run of dates proves to be a blast with many fine pickers from the front range joining in the party.  Tix are $15.

      4 of Us
      Feat: Robert Walter, Stanton Moore, Robert Mercurio, & Will Bernard
      Saturday December 3rd
      Robert Walter’s latest project features drums and bass from Galactic and the mighty guitar of Will Bernard. Don't miss your opportunity to get out and shake it to some of the nastiest funk around!  Tix are $15.

      John Brown’s Body w/ Virginia Coalition
      Friday December 9th
      Over 9 years John Brown’s Body has established itself as the premier American reggae band, through constant touring, four popular studio albums, and one live release with a reggae legend. The band has been called the most original reggae band in the U.S., a moniker it takes very seriously.  We have had some great nights with this band in the past and we think you will become a fan if you aren’t already.  They are playing with Virginia Coalition to make the night complete.  Tix are $12.

      Steve Kimock Band feat. Robert Walter, Reid Matheis, & Rodney Holmes
      Saturday December 10th
      The Steve Kimock Band defies simple categorization. Its players are renowned artists with diverse musical influences and a shared love of stretching sonic boundaries. Its music is a kaleidoscope of innovative compositions and dazzling improvisations that range from the rush of exploratory fusion and funk, to the roar of psychedelic rock, to the whisper of a ballad so haunting and sweet that audiences fall silent under its spell. Its live performances are incendiary marathons of musical creation and on-stage chemistry that are unlike anything else in music today. Steve Kimock is one of today’s most talented guitarists and composers, a master musician known for his uncanny ability to balance passion and power with soaring grace. Relix magazine recently dubbed him "The Guitar Monk" for his relentless pursuit of ‘Zen and the art of guitar.’  This lineup should be one of the best ever.  Tix are $20.

      Scott Morrill
      Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom
      2637 Welton Street
      Denver, CO 80205