12/31/02 Setlist / Lyrics

  • Ted Rockwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      "We awake and find it gone,
      remember this our favorite time"

      12/31/02 Philips Arena
      I: (Acoustic)
      City of Dreams C. Brown Pickin' Up The Pieces Stop Breakin' Down Blues
      Nobody's Loss Who Do You Belong To? Old Joe Porch Song
      II:
      Thought Sausage Wonderin' Driving Song> Big Wolly Mammoth> Driving Song
      Bayou Lena And When I Die ( Blood Sweat and Tears ) Blind ( Talking
      Heads )
      III:
      Disco Ain't Life Grand Pigeons Greta I'm Not Alone Drums Pilgrims Chilly
      Water> Imitation Leather Shoes> Chilly Water
      Encore:
      I Wish ( Stevie Wonder ) Climb to Safety

      And When I Die
      Blood, Sweat And Tears

      I'm not scared of dying,
      And I don't really care.
      If it's peace you find in dying,
      Well then let the time be near.
      If it's peace you find in dying,
      And if dying time is here,
      Just bundle up my coffin
      'Cause it's cold way down there.
      I hear that its cold way down their.
      Yeah, crazy cold way down their.

      Chorus:

      And when I die, and when I'm gone,
      There'll be one child born
      In this world to carry on,
      to carry on.

      Now troubles are many, they're as deep as a well.
      I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.
      Swear there ain't no heaven and I pray there ain't no hell,
      But I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell.
      Yes only my dying will tell.
      Yeah, only my dying will tell.

      Chorus

      Give me my freedom for as long as I be.
      All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
      All I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
      And all I ask of dying is to go naturally.
      Oh I want to go naturally.

      Here I go,
      Hey Hey!
      Here comes the devil,
      Right Behind.
      Look out children,
      Here he comes!
      Here he comes! Hey...

      Don't want to go by the devil.
      Don't want to go by demon.
      Don't want to go by Satan,
      Don't want to die uneasy.
      Just let me go naturally.

      and when I die,
      When I'm dead, dead and gone,
      There'll be one child born in our world to carry on,
      To carry on.
      Yeah, yeah...

      Stevie Wonder
      I Wish

      Lookin back on when I, was a little nappy headed boy,
      Then my only worry, was for Christmas what would be my toy,
      Even though we sometimes, would not get a thing,
      We were happy with the, joy that they would bring,
      Sneakin out the back door to hang out with those hoodlum friends of mine
      Greeted at the back door with "I thought I told you not to go outside",
      Tryin the best to bring that water to your eye
      Thinkin it might stop her from whuppin your behind

      I wish those days, could , come back once more
      Why did those days ever have to go
      I wish those days, could, come back once more
      Why did those days ever have to go, cause I loved 'em so...

      Brother says he's tellin, 'bout you playin' doctor with that girl
      Just don't tell I'll give you, anything you want in this whole wide
      world,
      Mama gives you money, for Sunday school
      You trade yours for candy, after church is through
      Smokin' cigarettes and writin' somethin' nasty on the wall
      Teacher sends you to the principle office down the hall
      You grow up and learn that kind of thing ain't right
      But while you were doin' it, it sure felt outta sight