RE: [ColoradoSpreadkin] Bill Bass

  • Morrill, Scott
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Harland G [mailto:wsphead@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 4:18 PM
      To: coloradospreadkin@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [ColoradoSpreadkin] Bill Bass

      panic at the fillmore would be great....but can the venue handle the number
      of people...seems a bit too small to me......I mean it aint the fox...but it

      doesnt seem as big as like the warfield type places...maybe its just those
      crazy lights on the stairs that ruin my perception of the place....they get
      me every time....
      I would definately like to see an indoor show in colorado.....but not at the

      expense of red rocks in the summer....and lets hope that the field of dust
      (larkspur) doesnt happen again....that place stunk!! i think im still
      pulling larkspur dust particles out of my ears.....

      -Harland

      Shortcut URL to this page:
      http://www.onelist.com/community/ColoradoSpreadkin

    • Morrill, Scott
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
        One of the reasons Red Rocks is so popular and has been such a tough ticket
        is that people travel in from all over to go there. I've heard different
        numbers on how many can actually fit in the Fillmore, but around 4,000 I
        think, Laramie was only 1,500 I thought. It probably wouldn't attract too
        many out of staters so I think they could pull it off. Would sell out fast
        and be packed but it would be a sweet place to see Panic, they would blow
        that place up.

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
          I also disagree with Harland's assessment of the situation -
          Red Rocks is a destination whereas the Fillmore is more likely to happen
          during inclimate months (hopefully) when the kids are in school (October -
          March) thus doubling the number of shows it would be possible to see in
          Colorado. Granted it holds about 1/2 the number of people that would attend
          Rocks but I think during the off-peak travel months (hell play thanksgiving
          HERE) the number of freaks would be tempered slightly.

          But this could be as much a pipe dream as a show in Boulder - who knows what
          the future holds? I never would've guessed that the band would release a
          seven date 'tour' either... Pitifully short - there's got to be more to this
          spring 'tour'....

          Ted

          On 2/1/02 8:46 AM, "Morrill, Scott" <scott.morrill@...> wrote:

          > One of the reasons Red Rocks is so popular and has been such a tough ticket
          > is that people travel in from all over to go there. I've heard different
          > numbers on how many can actually fit in the Fillmore, but around 4,000 I
          > think, Laramie was only 1,500 I thought. It probably wouldn't attract too
          > many out of staters so I think they could pull it off. Would sell out fast
          > and be packed but it would be a sweet place to see Panic, they would blow
          > that place up.

        • Lisa McCluer
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
            Hey, panic could release more "pitiful" dates in the days, weeks to
            come...And no matter where in the hell they decided to play, red roxs, the
            fillmore, DU, field of dreams, my backyard, it really doesn't even matter,
            just as long as they play within the state lines of CO, somewhere, sometime
            in 2002.

            I think what we need to be more concerned about is if Bill Bass does leave
            the concert promoting business, will the folks that take over know how to
            treat the boys and make sure that they come back each year. I hope that he
            does not leave the biz. And that if CC wins the bidding war, that the
            atmosphere does not change for Panic at Red Roxs.

            My vote...Red Roxs!

            http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: ColoradoSpreadkin@onelist.com
            > Subscribe: ColoradoSpreadkin-subscribe@onelist.com
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.onelist.com/community/ColoradoSpreadkin

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: ColoradoSpreadkin@onelist.com
            > Subscribe: ColoradoSpreadkin-subscribe@onelist.com
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.onelist.com/community/ColoradoSpreadkin

          • Johnson, Mark
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
              I think the spring tour is short because they're revisiting that European
              tour from last fall that was axed because of 9/11. Bring on the Fillmore
              because it could work....in the "off season". Think about the difference
              between the Red Rocks shows and the summer ending shows. Aspen, Keystone
              and Larkspur have been more laid back than Red Rocks. You can just mosey in
              when you want and still get pretty good seats because it's mostly just folks
              from CO. You need a strategic plan at Red Rocks just to get a decent seat.

              I also disagree with Harland's assessment of the situation -
              Red Rocks is a destination whereas the Fillmore is more likely to happen
              during inclimate months (hopefully) when the kids are in school (October -
              March) thus doubling the number of shows it would be possible to see in
              Colorado. Granted it holds about 1/2 the number of people that would attend
              Rocks but I think during the off-peak travel months (hell play thanksgiving
              HERE) the number of freaks would be tempered slightly.

              But this could be as much a pipe dream as a show in Boulder - who knows what
              the future holds? I never would've guessed that the band would release a
              seven date 'tour' either... Pitifully short - there's got to be more to this
              spring 'tour'....

              Ted

              On 2/1/02 8:46 AM, "Morrill, Scott" <scott.morrill@...> wrote:

              > One of the reasons Red Rocks is so popular and has been such a tough
              ticket
              > is that people travel in from all over to go there. I've heard different
              > numbers on how many can actually fit in the Fillmore, but around 4,000 I
              > think, Laramie was only 1,500 I thought. It probably wouldn't attract too
              > many out of staters so I think they could pull it off. Would sell out
              fast
              > and be packed but it would be a sweet place to see Panic, they would blow
              > that place up.

            • Ashley E. Arroyo
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
                want to do me a HUGE favor? Indigo Girls are playing E-Town and tickets
                go on sale today at noon at the Boulder Theatre. I work all the way past
                the Tech Center and I really would like to go to this show. They are also
                playing the Fox, but tickets sold out in about 5 minutes. If someone
                could scoot down there and pick me up a ticket, I'll buy you one and be
                eternally grateful!!!

                If anyone can do it, either email me or call me at 303-705-9777.
                THANKS!!!

                http://auctions.yahoo.com
              • Michael Saba
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
                  Ok, I have to throw my $0.02 in on this one. Let's
                  think about it: Red Rocks seats between 8 and 9000,
                  AND sells out faster than virtually all other Panic
                  shows; mail order you have a couple of days, through
                  ticketbastard (only with high speed internet) you have
                  a couple of minutes. So I think that fact that they
                  could not do a summer show at the Fillmore, seems
                  indisputable; however, a Fillmore run in the middle of
                  a fall or spring tour would have fewer people
                  traveling to see. I think we can say fewer people
                  would travel, but does that rule out well over half
                  the people? If I stilled lived in Arkansas, you
                  better believe that I would make that run. So even if
                  it was in the most obscure part of whatever tour,
                  those tickets would go just as quick as the Red Rocks
                  tickets. I think it would be just as hard to get a
                  ticket to the Fillmore as it was to the Fox in
                  Atlanta. BUT we all know if the Fillmore happened, it
                  would be one of the best shows of the year. So bring
                  it; I'd take the Fillmore any day. I just hope I have
                  the money, the second they announce mail order. Well
                  I have rambled enough; I'll offer a FREEBIE of NYE to
                  the first person to reply who is going to the Taper
                  Swap next Thursday.

                  panic on!

                  michael

                  http://auctions.yahoo.com
                • Harland G
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
                    hmmm... I guess i really didnt explain myself well enuf (thats not to say
                    that this will explain it any better)...like ted just mentioned....Red Rx is
                    a destination....lots of folks come to see the panic here just because its
                    panic at red rx...and I think thats great...cause it gets my buddies from
                    outta state here....which is probably the reason (selfish as it may be)why I
                    wouldnt want them to can the rx in favor of the filmore....but please dont
                    get me wrong...I would love to see them at the filmore....at any smaller
                    indoor venue for that matter...especially if it wouldnt draw so many folks
                    (selfish again..I know)...it would definately take me back to my first shows
                    in '93 in S.F. at Slims.....
                    But when it comes to red rx...I just love seeing the band there...
                    I dont know about any of you out there...but for me...seeing panic at the rx
                    around the start of summer....is alway quite a nice experience....and I hope
                    it will continue for a long while...
                    Now...panic at the rx and panic indoors for turkeyday in CO....now your
                    talking ted....
                    I have no complaints about them playing a smaller indoor venue....as long as
                    I get to see the boys do what they do on stage im there....

                    Happy Friday All!!
                    -Harland