any music happening this friday

  • pil grim
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 1999
      anyone know of any good music going on this weekend, I am especially looking
      for something to do on friday!

    • Greg Nims
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 1999
        Hey all,

        A good place to find music is this Colorado music page:

        http://www.pageplus.com/~aruback/MUSIC/index.html

        Which seems to be updated pretty often. I also use
        www.pollstar.com a lot. Guster is playing the Fox on
        saturday, I've heard good things about them...

        greg

        > anyone know of any good music going on this weekend, I am especially looking
        > for something to do on friday!

      • sean smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 1999
          looks pretty grim unless you're a pet shop boys fanatic (c'mon admit it)

          here's a great website for music in colorado. it's updated quite frequently and
          tells you all the shows here in the state. check it out!
          http://www.denverbouldermusic.com/

          anybody going to moe next weekend? last time they came around at the fox i
          wasn't too happy with the first set, but damn the second set blew me away. i'd
          love to see these guys again. and anyone know anything about the KVHW shows at
          Quixotes? apparently they're all sold out which blows, gosh diddly darn.

          oakily doakily
          sean
        • Sam Cammack
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 1999
            Anybody headed up to Boulder this coming Thursday (Nov. 11) to check out
            two members of the Buena Vista Social Club playing at the Boulder Theater?
            This will be a show NOT to miss, as these guys are from Cuba and will
            probably never tour in the US again (they are also 92 and 88 years old).

            If anybody hasn't heard of the Buena Vista Social Club, run to your local
            independent record store and pick up their album immediately! Ry Cooder
            discovered these guys two years ago, and the music is some of the best
            I've heard in a while. They also had a movie made about their recording
            in Cuba and subsequent sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall.

            Now, if only someone could stealth tape this one.

            Sam
          • Olivo, Peter-Christian
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 1999
              Not sure of what is happening this weekend but other sites to check out
              include www.foxtheater.com and www.bouldertheater.com for Boulder shows.
              Another cool site is www.billbass.com, which seems to have shows reggae,
              widespread, etc. around here quite a bit. moe should be cool at the Boulder
              theater. The balcony is a total chill zone.

              A good place to find music is this Colorado music page:

              http://www.pageplus.com/~aruback/MUSIC/index.html

              Which seems to be updated pretty often. I also use
              www.pollstar.com a lot. Guster is playing the Fox on
              saturday, I've heard good things about them...

              greg

              > anyone know of any good music going on this weekend, I am especially
              looking
              > for something to do on friday!

              Community email addresses:
              Post message: ColoradoSpreadkin@onelist.com