Re: [ColonialWars] 25-30mm Chinese female civilians

  • myron shipp
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 23 6:36 PM
      Hi

      Eureka do lots here is a link to one of many:

      http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=1889

      Cheers
      Myron.

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24 4:41 AM
        Thanks everyone.
        Mark, I ordered the Chinese laundry set. While doing so I discovered West Wind no longer sells the range but Old Glory does. I could not find the set listed there though, but I didn't ask. (I've done business with Old Glory and found it a good experience, but their Old West figures are spread out through a few different ranges and it can get confusing to find things you once saw there.)  Instead I ordered the set from Noble Knight games, a company that tries to stock old and out of print games and figures.
        ~Mr. Maurer, scenario? Does this imply logic and planning among my figure purchases? I think not, sir. The figures were generally purchased over a 20 year period on impulse due to an interest in the subject of Chinese history and Chinese-American history. I expect they will be used for some sort of Chnatown old west scenario before being used for actual colonial battles or pulp fiction gaming.
        One possible scenario might involve a tong war over a prostitute, but, alas, I have no prostitutes. One of the most common causes of Tong wars in the old West was when a Chinese tong would spend money to bring a prostitute to the USA and she'd fall in love with a Chinese worker from another tong and run away with him. Then the first group would want to bring her back. Conflict would result.
        But I think it would also be good to have some more fish and vegetable mongers and such to liven up the sidewalks.

      • Alfred Maurer
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24 6:43 AM
          Mr Huston,

          What WAS I thinking? I regretted pushing the Send button as soon as I'd
          done it.
          :-)

          Al

          --
          Alfred C. Maurer
          719 488-1447 H

          Sit vis vobiscum

        • Bob
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24 1:44 PM
            I have another Chinese lady and a child (with duck) in this set:

            http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.php?range=Yangzee%20Gangs&code=PYG&number=8

            Bob Murch
            www.pulpfigures.com
          • Peter the Explorer
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 25 1:18 AM
              Thanks. Those are nice figures and I don't how long I'll be able to hold out.

              The problem with your catalog, Mr Murch, is that there's just too much good stuff in it. I fear if and when I order from you, I'll just keep adding things until I break my budget.

              I think that the range would be improved even more with the addition of a range of "ladies of the evening" or some such thing.

              (Ack! Listen to me here. I live in Shanghai. One of my pet peeves about this place is that being White if I go to certain neighborhoods, ironically enough mostly upscale neighborhoods, the big plaza in the bound with the stores aimed at tourists is one, I'm approached several times in an hour by local people hawking "You want watch? Bag? Massage? Sexual massage?" but I don't go to prostitutes so it just annoys me. Not to mention that I used to live five doors down from an upscale brothel in Taiwan and the doorman and I would always wave to each other once he realized I did not wish to come inside just because I would cut across their parking lot. Instead, I buy little metal prostitutes and paint them. There's something surreal and very, very off about my life.)

              Thanks though.

              --- In ColonialWars@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <bmurch@...> wrote:

              > I have another Chinese lady and a child (with duck) in this set:
              >
              > http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.php?range=Yangzee%20Gangs&code=PYG&number=8
              >

              > Bob Murch
              > www.pulpfigures.com

            • James Squib
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 25 1:55 AM
                >>There's something surreal and very, very off about my life>>

                Peter - I wouldn't dwell on it too much... cos there's "something surreal and very, very off" about most of us [wargamers] that are quite happy to see (and make happen!) an inordinate number of 'people' - often with names and 'history' - losing their 'lives' to make an enjoyable evening!!  ;-\
                (Group - I'm not proposing this as a discussion point, merely a jokey comment!)

                Squibzy

                >________________________________

              • Al Maurer
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 25 5:10 AM
                  Too late, Squizby, you've let the genie out of the bottle!

                  Al Maurer
                  (719) 330-4284
                  TheVoiceofLiberty.us

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On Apr 25, 2012, at 3:55 AM, James Squib <captain_squib@...> wrote:

                  >>> There's something surreal and very, very off about my life>>
                  >
                  > Peter - I wouldn't dwell on it too much... cos there's "something surreal and very, very off" about most of us [wargamers] that are quite happy to see (and make happen!) an inordinate number of 'people' - often with names and 'history' - losing their 'lives' to make an enjoyable evening!! ;-\
                  > (Group - I'm not proposing this as a discussion point, merely a jokey comment!)
                  >
                  > Squibzy

                • James Squib
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 25 7:57 AM
                    >>Too late, Squizby, you've let the genie out of the bottle! >>

                    As Winnie the Pooh might say..."Oh bother!"
                    ;-)