99216Russian Flag Upload

  • Wilbur Gray
    May 16, 2017

      These are ready made for wargamers and come from a site called Pygmy Wars and a Danish Wargaming Site. They are RCW White Russian Flags, formerly Imperial regulation standards. I have also included the regimental color charts for the regular army and cossacks listing interior panel, edge panels and embroidery colors.

      Its in Russian, but I swear Google Translate has been fantastic.

      The light blue is cavalry, while for the infantry the colors are red for the 1st regiment in each division, blue for the 2d, white for the third, green for the 4th.

      This is regulation issue. Many units kept their old colors until worn out or were awarded special, non-standard colors for distinguished service, etc.

      The Russian Website mentioned previously is the place to go if you really want to get that precise. It has dozens more jpgs than what I just posted.

      PS: This is my new Email address (hmgs1@...), an alias for my old Hotmail address mandated by Microsoft. However, the old Hotmail address will still work with no problems. Thanks.

      Warmest regards,

      /// BILL ///

      Wilbur E Gray
      Colonel, US Army (Ret)
      AOE, PSS, HMGS WFG+

      http://www.ageofeagles.com

      "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

      Facebook.svg